Song for John-Jules…Jolene

LN747

22 hours ago, LN747 said:

Let’s get this going for the Fleetwood and Orient games .To the tune of Dolly Partons Jolene

John Jules , John Jules , John Jules , John Juuullleeess, scoring goals for Derby every weeeeek 

John Jules , John Jules , John Jules , John Juuullleeess, now he hates the Forest and the Leeeeds….

Add verses as you wish

I was going to say we need two big uns up top, but decided not to

Edited by strawhillram

“One goal, he’s only scored one goal,

He’s only scored one goal”

to the tune we use when we sing “ten men, we only had ten men” to the Trees.

Then we modify it each time he scores. In no time at all we will be singing “Ten Goals, J J has scored ten goals”, which in half a season would make him the 20 goals a season striker we have been desperate for!!!

Well , seen as no one is taking my brilliant suggestion seriously lets try this one instead to the tune of the drugs don't work...

Now the crosses don't work , they just hit the first man, but i know Mendez Laing will get down the middle again...

Get creative , surely no one can make fun of this one....

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

DERBY!  

Every game us in the South Stand marvel at how slow the rest of you are. After our final DERBY, we kick back, relax and wait for the splendid noise from the North and East Stand. Sometimes i feel i have enough time to take up a hobby before you join in!

It makes the away fans jump as they think its finished!

One: Don't pick up the phone
You know he's only here 'til January, on loan.

Two: Lets play him in, he'll probably end up scoring again.

Three: Lets be his friend
You know he's gonna end up in the team in the mornin'
And if you're seeing him, you ain't gettin' over him

I got John Jules, from Arsenal
I got John Jules, from Arsenal
I gotta keep him to myself

8 hours ago, LN747 said:

Well , seen as no one is taking my brilliant suggestion seriously lets try this one instead to the tune of the drugs don't work...

Now the crosses don't work , they just hit the first man, but i know Mendez Laing will get down the middle again...

I faced the same unbelievable lack of support for my Waghorn suggestion...

To the tune of oggy oggy oggy

# Waggy, Waggy, Waggy...

.#.score score score

Genius.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

# Waggy, Waggy, Waggy...

.#.score score score

Genius.

And don't get me started on my unfinished opus on James Collins to the tune of Wizard of Oz/Follow The Yellow Brick Road.

# Collo, Collo, Collo, Collo the fellow who scores on the road..

8 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Someone can’t count. There’s 20 letters there.

It's a good job Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm retired early.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's a good job Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm retired early.

Johann G for short ;)

Think I wrote a song in 1986 in a club competition for a new chant - anyone else remember if this was real or just me dreaming of better days?

Think it was something to the hit tune of Bryan Adam’s Everthing I do I do it for you

18 hours ago, LN747 said:

Endless crosses don't work, Paul Warne's made it worse, we're winning but I'm falling asleep again

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2023 at 07:38, Chester40 said:

# Waggy, Waggy, Waggy...

.#.score score score

Genius.

Made me giggle this one for some reason - I like it !.  Although not sure if this was borrowed from the Fozzie Fozzie Fozzie version which someone suggested on here to the same tune !.  Unless that was also you Chester40 and you have a fascination with us having a player sang to the tune of Oggy Oggy Oggy !

The John Jules song was quite catchy being sang in boozers and by some in the away end at Leyton Orient on Saturday.

Cheers 

Gangway D from Terrace