RIP El Tel

Mostyn6

Oof! 😲

Another big name, and another personality that I can directly relate to, and have direct memories of, and recall incidents of.
There used to be a time when all the top names dying off were just that... names.  Folk I'd heard of, or read about. Maybe caught a glimpse of them in an old movie, or saw them on a WC TV panel every 4 years.
Now they all seem to be folk that have actually taken part in my life, however distant.  Real people.  Minute parts of my own real life memories, however brief, however minute.

FFS... If this is what getting old is about... etc, etc...   

RIP, Mr Venables.
And thanks for that wonderfully unforgettable 4-1 win over Holland.  'Twas a sheer delight, sir. 
xxx

Died at the age of 80 after a long illness.

Got England playing attractive football after the Graham Taylor debacle. Shame his dodgy business dealings brought his England managerial career to a premature end.

Remember him being booked in front of the ley stand in the 1970s and giving a cheeky grin and wiggle of the eyebrows....

RIP sir.

Thanks for the great memories Tel.

I was only watching the run back from our thrashing of QPR from Admiras quiz the other day and wondered what he was up to.

Another footballer with max talent, i once watched a feature of him when he was playing doing 500 keepy uppy's without the ball hitting the ground.

Class player who was worth more than two caps as a player, but unfortunately the competition was too fierce at the time.

So thanks for the punditry,(always interesting) , the development of talent,superb crooning (google it) and most of all the thrill ride that was Euro 1996.

Oh and thanks for Hazell, the man was soooo Talented, he is probably coaching ST Peter to do his job better.

RIP Terry Venables.

Still remember that summer of '96 fondly. After the bilge that Taylor dished up during his reign, Venables' attractive attacking football was a breath of fresh air. 

Who will ever forget Gazza making a complete c**t out of Colin Hendry? Who will ever forget the absolute destruction of the Netherlands? Made all the better for conceding that late goal to send the sweaties out...... 😆

RIP Tel, and thanks for the memories.

1 hour ago, I DONT MIND said:

Thanks for the great memories Tel.

I was only watching the run back from our thrashing of QPR from Admiras quiz the other day and wondered what he was up to.

Another footballer with max talent, i once watched a feature of him when he was playing doing 500 keepy uppy's without the ball hitting the ground.

Class player who was worth more than two caps as a player, but unfortunately the competition was too fierce at the time.

So thanks for the punditry,(always interesting) , the development of talent,superb crooning (google it) and most of all the thrill ride that was Euro 1996.

Oh and thanks for Hazell, the man was soooo Talented, he is probably coaching ST Peter to do his job better.

RIP Terry Venables.

I'm sorry but the singing was terrible.

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Died at the age of 80 after a long illness.

Got England playing attractive football after the Graham Taylor debacle. Shame his dodgy business dealings brought his England managerial career to a premature end.

Remember him being booked in front of the ley stand in the 1970s and giving a cheeky grin and wiggle of the eyebrows....

RIP sir.

Not sure I would call the Taylor era a debacle. Probably not the place to debate it but still.

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

With respect... You've been beaten by the Moist One...

Yeah...but I posted in the football forum whereas moisty posted in the Jim Smith room.

Do you spend your time checking in the local that nobody's talking about something in the lounge that's also being talked about in the bar...?

😉

23 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Yeah...but I posted in the football forum whereas moisty posted in the Jim Smith room.

Do you spend your time checking in the local that nobody's talking about something in the lounge that's also being talked about in the bar...?

😉

I'm not hard enough to go in the bar in my local.....