Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

1 hour ago, Srg said:

It's already in this thread, but there's still people saying you can't watch it anywhere...

You can via bet365 app. Either create an account and deposit £5 or if you have an account, have made a bet of any amount in the past 24 hours.

For those opposed to gambling... guess you can get the wireless out and listen to Adam Bolder or whoever it is at the moment.

Have checked my Bet365 account . There is only the Barnsley game that has the live streaming icon next to it . So unless they change this at the last minute the game wont be available 

4 hours ago, MadAmster said:

There's around 3300 home seats left in the East and South Stands so we should get well over 5K

10,000 would be embarrassing for a “Massive” club in the oldest cup competition in the world. But judging by the number of fans on here who want to watch it on telly - Rams fans would rather give money to Bet 365 than to our cash strapped club.

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

10,000 would be embarrassing for a “Massive” club in the oldest cup competition in the world. But judging by the number of fans on here who want to watch it on telly - Rams fans would rather give money to Bet 365 than to our cash strapped club.

Cups are out of fashion until you get to the latter stages or you get a plum tie. League Cup, FA Cup, Bristol Street Motors EFL Trophy. Gates are down at most clubs, not just Derby. They are possibly not down that much if you get a local derby or a top side. 3rd round FA Cup day always used to be a sell out just about everywhere. No longer.

Why? Too much football available. League matches plus 3 cup competitions for DCFC. Wall to wall televised games from the PL, CL, EL, whatever the 3rd Euro job is called. There's also a huge cost of living problem. Wages not risen in the public sector for 3 or 4 years up to 2022. High inflation caused by huge hikes in petrol, gas, electric and food prices... people have to be more careful with their money.

Also, to get video from BET365 you only need to have made a bet with them in the past and have money in your account. Those currently without an account can open one, deposit a fiver and, after the game, withdraw their fiver again so it would cost nowt.

PS - I've also read that bet365 aren't showing the game... 

3 hours ago, SK47 said:

I have to say, when derby aren't on TV or down to have the game shown anywhere, I genuinely feel like my day has been completely ruined before it's started. 

Today is looking like 1 of those days.

🙃🙃🙃

Suggest you don't come on here to see how the match is going or it'll be ruined even more. Even if we're winning there'll be some posters having a whinge about something   😉

33 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Or they would desperately like to be there but perhaps have had many midweek games lately, live away from Derby, have jobs and family commitments and are also perhaps cash-strapped at the moment

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Or they would desperately like to be there but perhaps have had many midweek games lately, live away from Derby, have jobs and family commitments and are also perhaps cash-strapped at the moment

This will be the fourth consecutive Tues/Wed we have played at home! six if you include Notts county and Blackpool away games.

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

How on earth are we going to manage when we get back to the Prem and season tickets are £700 each to pay our £100k a week stars ? An influx of celebrity fans from London perhaps ?

49 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Don't even bother, he's beaten this particular horse to a pulp without any consideration for all the obvious reasons very real fans have.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't even bother, he's beaten this particular horse to a pulp without any consideration for all the obvious reasons very real fans have.

I do understand the financial problems of other fans but it is a worry that even at £5 and £10 we can’t get better turnouts for cup games . Won’t mention it again as it bothers you .

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I know there are many people who take brief trips out of the UK on match days, it appears the game isn’t streaming within the UK, it may be showing on the tv channels of those other countries. 

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/emirates-fa-cup-global-broadcast-partners

I checked on https://liveonsat.com/

The only replay being shown is the Horsham v Barnsley game

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

How did you get the home tickets sold figure? I know how to source how many are unsold but not how many have been sold.

At the start of the season I wrote down the figures for each block, it’s then easy to take away numbers left.

8,446 seats available.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

We’re not a “massive” club (depending on your definition of massive of course) and 10,000 (I doubt we’ll get very close to that number) would NOT be embarrassing for a first round replay. That’s a reflection on the appeal of the competition, in particular the early rounds, rather than the club’s fan base.

It is probably consistent with what similar sized clubs would get. Just take a looks at this and previous recent seasons. Even the mighty Sunderland only managed 8,600 back in 2021/22 for a Saturday kick off against a team in the division below. 

Respect to all those that will be there but please don’t try to shame anyone choosing not to go or not being able to attend.