Crewe Alexandra versus Derby County - Match Day Thread ( FA Cup 1st Round )

S8TY

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

There’s quite a number of regulations to try and make you put out a stronger team. Not sure if we can or can’t make 11 changes and still satisfy it. 

I won't lie, the whole thing winds me up talking about ''integrity'' when they appoint referees as incompetent as the ones we see on a weekly basis. They're the ones ruining the integrity of the game if anything!

On 03/11/2023 at 20:27, Carnero said:

Most would qualify under the 40+ first team starts so I reckon keeping the team v Northampton for Crewe & Barnsley, and making 11 changes for Wolves U21 would be the best way to go:

Vickers

Ward, RadcliffeCashin, Elder

Wilson, Robinson, Fornah, Sibley

Collins, Brown 

@YorkshireRam the players in bold would all meet the qualifying criteria (you need to play at least 4 qualifying players)

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

@YorkshireRam the players in bold would all meet the qualifying criteria (you need to play at least 4 qualifying players)

Don't you have to pick at least 4 who started the previous game and who will also start the subsequent game? Or is 40+ senior starts alone a sufficient qualification?

Edited by Crewton

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

20231107_163401.jpg

Let me get this right… we could play players on loan from other category one academies without them needing to have played the game before or after, or satisfying the appearances required, but we can’t just play our own lads from our own category one academy?

These regulations were really not written for a league one club with a category one academy. 

5 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Are you allowed to make 11 changes? I thought you had to field a certain number of first teamers to ''protect the integrity' of the tournament or something? 

Is “the integrity of the competition the reason it gets called “The Nobody Cares Cup”?