January Reinforcements

sage

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The January transfer window is a game of cat and mouse, where clubs try to have the pants down of other desperate clubs.

I'm glad we've not been reeled in and stuck to our guns. 

I imagine the reaction we are seeing now would have been pretty much the same had we signed some lower league striker that nobody had heard of.

Reaction and results are a different matter - if you are able to identify talent then it doesn’t matter what the reaction from fans is. 

What is a problem is when you blow a huge wage on a player because he’s Luton’s captain, don’t worry about his actual ability or how he will fit in the team, then drop him within the first month of the season for a number of howlers. Equally, sign a bunch of players coming back off injuries who struggle to put a run of games together, because, well they get injured. 

I’d buy the ‘woe is me’ line from Warne & the recruitment staff had they not ignored whopping red flags prior to their signing. 

As I said, incredibly lazy CV-based approach to signing footballers. Nothing a f****** 12 year old with the latest version of football manager couldn’t achieve. 

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't know much about the u21 strikers, that is why I asked the question. 

My only real recollection is that Warne was an awful manager 2 or 3 weeks ago for not playing Weston?

Warne is a poor manager by any other measure than "can he get a team promoted form League one" 

and even that is in doubt right now

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well thats the decision we made, just because he got injured should not mean we go out and get another person on loan. We have Waghorn and Washington to come back.

What is my opinion on what?

Where you stand on warne if we plummet out of the playoffs? 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think Mr popadpolous will be on soon to accuse DCFC of vastly inflating Max's sale value through some accounting trickery.......

Too busy sniffing his mams undersheet to look at our balance sheet.  Strange that he's not protesting about Derby benefitting from their money when we didn't pay 100 per cent of what we owe.  Perhaps that's because he only talks b******* when it suits.

12 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

He looks like a technically decent player and he's mobile and stuff, but he just seems to have no awareness of what's going on around him.  He gets caught in possession a lot when we have the ball, and he lets players run off him when we don't have it.  And both of those things are absolutely suicidal given the way we play.

About sums up why you don’t get selected 

1 minute ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Warne is a poor manager by any other measure than "can he get a team promoted form League one" 

and even that is in doubt right now

And why would you measure him by anything other than him being able to get a team promoted from League One, that is the division that we are in. 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Let's play the blame game then - who have you got in the frame for this?

How would I know? I’m not privy to finances, talks, offers etc. It’s poor though, you have to admit that?
I’m sure the club tried to bring players in, but it’s very poor planning again. Last summer was a farce at times too. The Waghorn signing being a prime example, signing after Forsyths testimonial. This window hasn’t gone to plan either. Warne admitted that last Jan cost us and left us short. That’s 3 windows where planning and recruitment have been questionable. In our position it’s more difficult, obviously. But, there are clear issues somewhere at the club. Even you must admit that? 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Reaction and results are a different matter - if you are able to identify talent then it doesn’t matter what the reaction from fans is. 

What is a problem is when you blow a huge wage on a player because he’s Luton’s captain, don’t worry about his actual ability or how he will fit in the team, then drop him within the first month of the season for a number of howlers. Equally, sign a bunch of players coming back off injuries who struggle to put a run of games together, because, well they get injured. 

I’d buy the ‘woe is me’ line from Warne & the recruitment staff had they not ignored whopping red flags prior to their signing. 

As I said, incredibly lazy CV-based approach to signing footballers. Nothing a f****** 12 year old with the latest version of football manager couldn’t achieve. 

I'll have to look back and see all of the people saying that about Bradley as its certainly not how I remember it.

There's a reason why alot of the players we have signed have just come back from injury I'd imagine.

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Livid. Genuinely no excuse once the Bird money came in. 

Pearce, Thomas and Warne are all useless.

The deal was announced by the club at 11:40 pm, which suggests that it wasn’t done particularly quickly and probably not with enough time to secure any targets.

Not particularly surprising January - Warne seems to focus on over 30 s forwards based in Sheffield or anyone else with a lengthy fitness issue 

More bothered that Bird wanted to sign now to not be here in the summer because he doesn’t believe in Warne or the way he plays his football and maybe that’s the problem as lots of other third division managers all frequently say they know what a Warne team plays like and whilst we have little money to spend we are unable to consider getting a decent loan from a premiership club and I personally believe that’s down to how we approach the football served up by our current manager.

we can absolutely be promoted but it’s going to be a hard watch.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Not particularly surprising January - Warne seems to focus on over 30 s forwards based in Sheffield or anyone else with a lengthy fitness issue 

More bothered that Bird wanted to sign now to not be here in the summer because he doesn’t believe in Warne or the way he plays his football and maybe that’s the problem as lots of other third division managers all frequently say they know what a Warne team plays like and whilst we have little money to spend we are unable to consider getting a decent loan from a premiership club and I personally believe that’s down to how we approach the football served up by our current manager.

we can absolutely be promoted but it’s going to be a hard watch.

I agree..  

no way for the youth 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll have to look back and see all of the people saying that about Bradley as its certainly not how I remember it.

There's a reason why alot of the players we have signed have just come back from injury I'd imagine.

But it’s not the fans job - I like most was excited about Bradley, but I hadn’t seen him play a full game or analysed him ahead of a contract that was going to cost the club close to a million pound.

I’m going to assume if you watch that last two years of Bradley at Luton you’re going to see a very similar guy to the one we signed. Players don’t just magically get worse overnight, and they don’t magically just get better, the signs are there for all to see - the club just need to know how to analyse them properly. 

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The deal was announced by the club at 11:40 pm, which suggests that it wasn’t done particularly quickly and probably not with enough time to secure any targets.

Everyone knew the score by 5 o’clock. 

Fair play if you want to stay positive but it’s a disgrace not to land a striker at all. There was me thinking Gregory was poor. 

Genuinely flabbergasted. Alright though because Wash is back soon.