January Reinforcements

sage

At some point we’re going to have to come to the realisation that with so many players out of contract at the end of the season, and with Warne turning Derby into a short-term stop gap for footballers, we’re going to have a complete rebuild to build a culture within the dressing room. 

How on earth can you have faith in Warne/Thomas/Pearce.. to oversee that based on their body of work up to now?

1 minute ago, Goldstar said:

Perhaps ownership not such heroes as we first thought? (yes I don't need telling that they saved us but they can't dine out on that forever). 

With the additional TV money in the champ from next season and if I'm right all our restrictions lifted!? then seems disastrous we've not gambled.

Just now, YouRams said:

With the additional TV money in the champ from next season and if I'm right all our restrictions lifted!? then seems disastrous we've not gambled.

It really does, i don't think others will be quite so forgiving 8 years from now and we're in mid table League 1 or even League 2

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

At some point we’re going to have to come to the realisation that with so many players out of contract at the end of the season, and with Warne turning Derby into a short-term stop gap for footballers, we’re going to have a complete rebuild to build a culture within the dressing room. 

How on earth can you have faith in Warne/Thomas/Pearce.. to oversee that based on their body of work up to now?

I don’t

For what it's worth I think the reason we are all so racked off is that Warne has been going on about adding a striker for weeks, and the club have done a crap job about being explicit with any restrictions we may or may not be working within.

The perception will be that the club has over promised and under delivered and it looks like we'll be limping home this season having apparently learned nothing from last season.

9 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Something seriously isn’t right at the moment. I don’t even believe this is on Warne but the people above him. We as fans just seem to be fed constant lies at the moment. Feeling very disconnected at the moment. I’m sure I’ll find out what happened tomorrow and tell you all but right now I’m a bit deflated to be honest. Hope you all have a happy Friday 🙂

Constant Lies - seems a bit strong but I guess you know a lot more than you can tell us . What about - Out of contract players ?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

For what it's worth I think the reason we are all so racked off is that Warne has been going on about adding a striker for weeks, and the club have done a crap job about being explicit with any restrictions we may or may not be working within.

The perception will be that the club has over promised and under delivered and it looks like we'll be limping home this season having apparently learned nothing from last season.

A recurring theme since the Clowes takeover worryingly 

13 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Who's available on a free that's realistic and would actually improve us if we can't get anything over the line

Aleksandar Prijovic who we sold 13 years ago. Free agent since September.

Florian Kamberi scored 4 in 23 for Sheff Weds a couple of years ago in L1.

Dwight Gayle who hasn't scored more than 4 in a season for half a decade.

Connor Wickham who makes George Thorne look like he's made out titanium. Also hasn't played since last season.

Just now, lukedcfc said:

Am I the only one not worried about not getting a striker? We're the second highest scorers in the League and we have Washington and Waghorn coming back soon. I think we will be fine, keep the faith. 🐏

If Collins gets injured we have to switch how we play to accommodate either of those two, do you have faith in Warne to do that from what we've seen so far? I'd love to see it but I'm not so sure we would.

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I really don’t want to hear the same old crap about how we missed out if I am honest.

I think it would help if Clowes and Pearce ( along with PW) came out and did a proper Q&A on this whole situation. I still believe the Club haven’t helped themselves here, what with mixed messages/poor comms to the supporters about our ability to strengthen this window and how they’ve gone about the window as a whole. Too much time and effort once again wasted on Weds players…

We all know the financial controls from the EFL, that Clowes will only let us get in players using revenue and that he won’t be putting any extra money into that side of things (and that’s fine).

But you can’t help feeling that we could have managed this window better. My own view is that a quality striker was a bigger priority than getting in CBT….

Time will tell of course but at this point I think it’s just a question of staying in the top 6 if we can.

One thing is certain- if Collins gets injured over the next two months it will be highly embarrassing when looking at our forward line. There’s no chance that Waggy or Wash will be fully match fit before two months…if at all this season.

Always a chance that we pick up some free agent later of course, but ….🤷

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Fair point. I suspect it may have been a combination of Warne lacking the 'pull factor', and insufficient funds to get a deal over the line.  

Rosenior had far far greater restrictions and pulled off a a few great signings. Given this summer with a less stringent one he would have pulled off better than 3 god ones out of 14 

1 minute ago, Goldstar said:

There's always someone wanting to go against the grain just to be different 

Not to be different, just because I respect that a local businessman has rescued us from the mire and, despite losing millions in the first 9 months, on top of his £50m + original outlay, already has some fans screaming for more.

Yes, the same fans that in hindsight lambasted MM for his reckless spending.

Yes, the same fans that have spent most of the season saying how great our squad is and are being held back by our poor manager.

So, yes, if going against is standing up against these spoilt brats who want everything I'm happy to do that. 

If we can't afford someone within our business plan, then we don't buy, its a simple as that.