January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

This could be the end of Warne if this backfires I could see us playing NML up front if Collins is injured or shove Bradley up top 🤦‍♂️😂

I do think us fans Simmo deserve a bit better …we pack out every away end and have fantastic support so b club should be a bit more honest with us 

I could honestly say if the club said we can’t afford to buy a striker at the quality we want then fair enough …but I thought we were lead to believe we had a few quid but now January has gone and nowt!!! But we’ll all still be there on Saturday all 3154 of us ….disappointing 

apologies I sound very ungrateful we do at least have a club blahdy blah 

Ffs boys,it's not as tho warne and everyone else doesn't know we need another striker in....

The problem is actually getting one in and none of us know what our requirements and most importantly our restrictions are.

If we don't get one in tonight,we still have wags and wash to come back in and we have all quickly forgotten the impact that waghorn made at the start of the season before he was injured...he could well do it again and wash is a solid back up.

Anyway,we still have 20 minutes to go 😬

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

For all the talk about letting Brown go on loan, he’s gone to non-league.  Not even to L2.  If he was to be used if Collins got injured he’d probably be out of his depth, get a load of stick and set his career back 5 years.  I’m all for letting him go out and play mens football lower down and learn his trade rather than throw him in at the deep end, even if we don’t sign a striker.

20 minutes to go but it’s not looking great is it…

Failing to strengthen further will undoubtedly cost us promotion and you’d think Warne his job. 
Unless something drastic happens this January has yet again has not been good enough 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yes I agree - the silence is very strange 

But I’m deciding to take that in a way that suggests something is happening. We do normally get an indication that nothing is happening when the journos know. I’m guessing they haven’t been told anything yet because the club are STILL trying…

Said multiple times in the past that this window will determine whether we go up or not. Look how Portsmouth and Bolton have strengthened. This could cost us automatics.

also found the strange vague post from @MACKWORTHRAMearlier a bit concerning…

but also it's 22:40 and I don't remember us ever hearing nothing from either our sources, generic sources and other-team-specific sources this close to a deadline.

Not even one speculative post from a b******* journo posted on the transfer forum.

We haven't even heard anything more about Bird. I'm not even sure at this stage that Percy isn't being a piss taking forest t***.

Strange days!

Just now, BPV said:

20 minutes to go but it’s not looking great is it…

Failing to strengthen further will undoubtedly cost us promotion and you’d think Warne his job. 
Unless something drastic happens this January has yet again has not been good enough 

The end of Warne so there could well  be a silver lining

3 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

For all the talk about letting Brown go on loan, he’s gone to non-league.  Not even to L2.  If he was to be used if Collins got injured he’d probably be out of his depth, get a load of stick and set his career back 5 years.  I’m all for letting him go out and play mens football lower down and learn his trade rather than throw him in at the deep end, even if we don’t sign a striker.

A L2 loan wouldn't have given us the possibility of recalling, despite that being his current ability level

For what it's worth I don't blame Warne entirely for the lack of a striker signing. It sounds like we had a deal in place for one and got done at the last minute by Stoke. The issue is on the business side of the club, if the Bird deal was known before today why leave it so late and leave us short of time to move on plan B,C,D,E? Did we even have a plan B,C,D,E? Why did we indulge that clown from Sheffield for days on end instead of telling him to do one last week?

Warne is probably as annoyed as we are that he hasn't got a striker in the squad.

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Just seen Keeftenbeld coming out of Beaufort chippy with 2 pickled onions. Looked to be in a hurry and was asking random people if they had a biro. 

Hopefully he signs the right side