Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

35 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I was against it when it was announced, he stuck with us through all those hard times kept us fighting then got dumped.

I would have kept Liam, young, up and coming Manager who knows what he wants in terms of style of play. A bit like the Saints and Ipswich managers.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

We had a good manager that played better technical football that would have played teams of the park with this squad, Clowes sacked him.

I’ve kept an eye on hull purely because I quite like rosenior as a bloke but he’s flirting with in and out the top 6 with a very decent squad and the times I’ve watched them I’m not overly in a rush to watch his brand of football either , against Sunderland they nicked a very very much needed win in a not too impressive style / performance of the kind people slate warne for getting, like us he has had some injuries and like us he has depended on a few decent quality players creating some magic ala cavalio,

no matter how warne turns out I’m not looking at rosenior with rose tinted glassed, he has a bit to prove he’s anything like the top rated tactical master and manager some on here are claiming

38 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I was against it when it was announced, he stuck with us through all those hard times kept us fighting then got dumped.

Obviously none us know how he would have performed if he’d been kept on. He also seems like an honest and likeable chap but let’s not kid ourselves that he remained with us through the hard times purely due to a sense of loyalty to the club (unless we know for certain he was offered other decent jobs and turned them down). 

My big assumption is that he stayed with us because he was happy here, he didn’t get any better offers and/or he thought/hoped he’d have a decent chance of getting the job on a permanent basis. 

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

In hindsight he's right, however few of us thought that at the time. I thought Clowes decision was correct at the time and for quite a while afterwards. Its this season really that I've changed my mind

I think there were a lot of people who thought it was the wrong decision.

35 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’ve kept an eye on hull purely because I quite like rosenior as a bloke but he’s flirting with in and out the top 6 with a very decent squad and the times I’ve watched them I’m not overly in a rush to watch his brand of football either , against Sunderland they nicked a very very much needed win in a not too impressive style / performance of the kind people slate warne for getting, like us he has had some injuries and like us he has depended on a few decent quality players creating some magic ala cavalio,

no matter how warne turns out I’m not looking at rosenior with rose tinted glassed, he has a bit to prove he’s anything like the top rated tactical master and manager some on here are claiming

People keep stating they have a good squad and a good budget, but they won't even have a top 10 budget this season. For reference, only 2 years ago (in the Championship) their wages were under £13m... a figure no too dissimilar to our wage bill in this league. Whilst their wage bill since then would have shot up it would still be a modest wage bill compared withthe rest of the division. Their transfer expenditure is also on the back of selling Lewis-Potter for £16m last season.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People keep stating they have a good squad and a good budget, but they won't even have a top 10 budget this season. For reference, only 2 years ago (in the Championship) their wages were under £13m... a figure no too dissimilar to our wage bill in this league. Whilst their wage bill since then would have shot up it would still be a modest wage bill compared withthe rest of the division. Their transfer expenditure is also on the back of selling Lewis-Potter for £16m last season.

They certainly don't have a better squad than most of the teams above them: Leicester, Southampton, Leeds etc.

Fair play to Ipswich. 

We look at Hull's squad with envy now but the top 6 in the Champ is about as competitive as it gets, he's doing a good job there up against some big clubs with massive budgets. That is league is a big shift up in quality level from L1, Ipswich done well because they play good passing football with a high press and high energy levels. Invested a lot of money in that squad as well.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

I also have wonder how much of rooneys time in charge was rosenior in charge of tactics etc. nowhere since has Rooney aimed to copy our way of playing. We went months without even looking like scoring away from home. Not sure rosenior was the man to get us out of the division.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

He’s had about the average Championship budget to spend and got Hull from just outside the relegation zone to challenging for the play offs. Nothing to prove to me.

2 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

In hindsight he's right, however few of us thought that at the time. I thought Clowes decision was correct at the time and for quite a while afterwards. Its this season really that I've changed my mind

At the same time, would you have been against keeping Liam for the remainder of that season ? sacking him after a handful of games doesn't sit well with me. 

16 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

At the same time, would you have been against keeping Liam for the remainder of that season ? sacking him after a handful of games doesn't sit well with me. 

I assumed he'd been 'sacrificed' for the greater good. The warble about 'duty of care' needed if we failed didn't hold much water. So I can only assume that Clowes didn't rate him.

49 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I assumed he'd been 'sacrificed' for the greater good. The warble about 'duty of care' needed if we failed didn't hold much water. So I can only assume that Clowes didn't rate him.

We have no clue as to the reasons ( could be many ) that clowes decided warne was his choice , there will have been financial considerations around wages and team budget for sure though , maybe we couldn’t match what liam wanted or even what he was on under mel 🤷🏻‍♂️

truth is you and I or any bugger else except those directly involved have a clue of the whole picture and at this point I’m happy to accept that clowes made his choice based on what he thought was best for derby county when it was on the floor as a club ,

as I’ve stated , also it comes down to opinions and preferences, I didn’t and don’t really enjoy the style of football rosenior likes to play , you pays your money you takes your pick , I’ve seen some really cracking goals under warne , we score plenty where we didn’t under Rooney/ rosenior as hull are not big scorers either so I’m ok with swapping out rosenior for warne though I wish rosenior every success 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

LMFAO. Neither did you. You slated anyone suggesting a mistake had been made, so it's quite galling to hear you banging on now, but I suppose it's a convenient stick to beat the man you championed with, eh! 

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

LMFAO. Neither did you. You slated anyone suggesting a mistake had been made, so it's quite galling to hear you banging on now, but I suppose it's a convenient stick to beat the man you championed with, eh! 

Nope, I hated his seemingly constant sideways passing. Why didn't you just ask? Who can be to blame if Warne doesn't succeed, me because I believed that Clowes knew what he was doing? 😄

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, I hated his seemingly constant sideways passing. Why didn't you just ask? Who can be to blame if Warne doesn't succeed, me because I believed that Clowes knew what he was doing? 😄

So you are not a fan of roseniorball?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Deary me, no, you're an irrelevance. It'll be down to Clowes and Warne alright, it'd just have been nice to get through the first 6 games before you commenced your annual bitch-fest.

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well it's a tricky question, because the game before he was 'sacked' he adopted different tactics, so in a few games he'd demonstrated a flexibility that might have been necessary. 

You're absolutely hilarious.  You screeched at anyone and everyone questioning Warne's appointment or ruing the sacking of Rosenior, for the entire balance of that season. Would you like me to quote a few hundred examples?

Ah well, I guess you must have 'forgotten' about those last two games all the while you were slating other posters, though it's odd that you've suddenly remembered them a year later. Totally credible! 😂