Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Clowes was quoted at saying we had a competitive budget. I daresay he wasn't implying we would be competitive for 8th place but towards the top 3-4. 

I don't expect a team full of world beaters. We should be beating clubs with much lower budgets than us, and if we aren't it's the manager's fault. He signed them. 

If we get in the playoffs, the only way it can be considered a success for Warne is if we come in 3rd or 4th and then win them. Limping in 6th and going out in the playoffs would be unequivocally a failure.

What about if we finish 5th or 6th and win them?

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Totally agree. 

I really wish we could have been in a position to compete with Stevenage and Lincoln for players this summer just gone.

Don't really follow either team to be honest so can't comment on where they are at in their journey.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's your opinion of how Warne is setting the team out and who he's signing - seriously I'm interested.

You can probably tell by some of my previous comments @RoyMac5

I don't like his style of football... at all... but everyone has their own opinion. In terms of signings, I strangely think he hasn't done that bad! Thinking off the top of my head... Nyambe, Nelson, Elder, Fornah, Embleton... these are all players I'd have had on my list for a L1 team too.

The less said about recent recruitment attacking-wise since he's taken over, the better though 🤣

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

You can probably tell by some of my previous comments @RoyMac5

I don't like his style of football... at all... but everyone has their own opinion. In terms of signings, I strangely think he hasn't done that bad! Thinking off the top of my head... Nyambe, Nelson, Elder, Fornah, Embleton... these are all players I'd have had on my list for a L1 team too.

The less said about recent recruitment attacking-wise since he's taken over, the better though 🤣

I'll give you Nyambe (who didn't want to come here) and Nelson, but the other three, the jury is out on Elder and Fornah. Signing injury victims is just so 'pray for' ... 😄

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Don't be condescending, especially when you are ignoring the point I was making.

Keeping a manager that is taking the club backwards isn't stability, it's embarking upon a managed decline.

If Warne was meeting the expectations set out by the club, and the expectations he set out for himself when he joined the club the calls for stability and patience would make sense. He is currently failing on both counts.

Isn’t the very fact he’s been backed by Clowes a suggestion that he’s at the very least not yet failing to meet the expectations set out by the club?

He’s not meeting the expectations of some fans currently, more than likely that’s a growing number of fans based on recent weeks on here and across social media plus the reactions post Shrewsbury….BUT, we’ve yet to see the catastrophic drop off in attendances many are prophesising, we are still within touching distance of the playoffs, and it’s not mathematically impossible for automatic promotion by season end, however unlikely those scenarios are.

I think your use of the word “currently” is pertinent. It appears, as poor as the football has been, that Clowes is backing Warne….for now. Looking at it as calmly as possible I get it, the season isn’t yet a write-off (yet) despite the protestations and statements from some fans to the contrary. If things descend further into disarray, fans do stay away, protests happen, a drunken lout throws their ST card in Warne’s general direction on the touchline etc then the inevitable happens, but for now it seems Clowes is backing his man and short of doing the things mentioned above there’s not much to be done about it…currently.

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Give me a break. We're not little hard up Derby County. We probably have 3-4 times the budget of the lower half of the league. If you're insinuating Warne signed crap players, that's because he chose poorly. 

Can somebody please show me the league budget table I've asked several times but no one seems to have it.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Then it's job done, congratulations for all involved and the question eventually moves on to how we prepare for the Championship and what sort of expectations should be set for Warne and the squad.

If we win our games in hand won't we occupy one of them positions?

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

Absolutely agree. Why should I travel 210 miles every home game to watch the same s***, literally the same dismal garbage over and over again and be happy with it just because that’s what a ‘fan’ is supposed to do? f*** that; I spend a fortune on this club and I want to be entertained, not embarrassed by seeing my team being outfought and outplayed by giants of the game like Stevenage.

Nobody’s forcing you too

So now I can't understand why Clowes didn't give the job to Rosenior. He's willing to let us be abysmal under Warne under the belief he'll give us stability, and eventually promote us. A man who I don't think gives a monkey's for this club - he said he didn't care for our history. 

Rosenior who stuck with us through awful times, who had us playing some great football and some dull (not awful, just dull) stuff too. Why didn't Mr Clowes appreciate what he'd already committed to the Club and give him a chance?