Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

25 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Whoever advised Clowes to appoint Warne over Rosenoir should be locked up for football crimes!! If its just Clowes's decision then he should pay up for his horrendous error. Clowes will always be a hero for saving the club but the decision to not appoint Rosenoir will go down in history as one of the worst at Derby. Warne has sucked the life out of Derby fans. Hes in a special club of managers now along with Jewell,Brown and Docherty!!

How do you propose the man who stepped in and saved our club (a hero in your own words) should pay for his "horrendous error"? An error (if that is what it turns out to be) is easy to see in hindsight. Was it really such a horrendous error at the time to appoint a manager with three league one promotions out of three attempts? We all know PW doesn't have a good record of keeping teams in the Championship but, without the benefit of a crystal ball, it was probably reasonable to assume that he knew how to get teams promoted. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So we were winning all of these games we were controlling I assume?

How come we were 7th in the division?

yes we won the majority of them. Rosenior only lost 3 out of 12 games

We were 7th, but it was quite clear that we were improving as the the squad were starting to gel and rosenior's tactics and style were getting implemented. 

Warne finished 7th last season whilst playing a pretty dreadful style of football.

One of them had Didzy to rely on and one didn't.

I know which i'd prefer

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

yes we won the majority of them. Rosenior only lost 3 out of 12 games

We were 7th, but it was quite clear that we were improving as the the squad were starting to gel and rosenior's tactics and style were getting implemented. 

Warne finished 7th last season whilst playing a pretty dreadful style of football.

One of them had Didzy to rely on and one didn't.

I know which i'd prefer

It wasnt clear to me. From memory we were still failing to win games away from home, as we had been the previous season (when incidentally many say Rosenior was the brains behind the operation)

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So Rosenior with his own players had 11/12 games and it was in its infancy.

Warne with his players has had only slightly longer, with most of his signings out injured, but that is not in its infancy?

Not even defending Warne, just pointing out the inconsistency in the way you judge the 2.

I have been bored by both styles to be honest.

How can warne be in its infancy ? he's had over a year ? If Rosenior was still not getting results after a year I'd be asking the same of him....sometimes managers suit and sometimes they don't but Warne was always a strange choice.

The other reason I would've kept Rosenior and gave him more of a chance was because I think he deserved a good crack at it considering the season before and all of the hassles and limitations but didn't walk away.

I've mentioned this before but one of the assessors for FA coaching told me that Rosenior was one of the most inivitive and brightest coaches he'd assessed and said in his opinion he'd go onto be a good manager or coach and this was at a time i and a few  on here had there reservations about him when second to Rooney

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It wasnt clear to me. From memory we were still failing to win games away from home, as we had been the previous season (when incidentally many say Rosenior was the brains behind the operation)

rosenior only lost 3 out of 12 games.

If he was the brains behind the operation in the championship, then he did a pretty good job because we weren't far off overcoming the minus 21 points

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

so we'd have to have another rebuild then whilst trying to stay in the division. not a very viable plan in my opinion. 

But I think we'd need a rebuild if we got promoted, in squad and maybe manager and to think otherwise is a little naive.

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

How can warne be in its infancy ? he's had over a year ? If Rosenior was still not getting results after a year I'd be asking the same of him....sometimes managers suit and sometimes they don't but Warne was always a strange choice.

The other reason I would've kept Rosenior and gave him more of a chance was because I think he deserved a good crack at it considering the season before and all of the hassles and limitations but didn't walk away.

I've mentioned this before but one of the assessors for FA coaching told me that Rosenior was one of the most inivitive and brightest coaches he'd assessed and said in his opinion he'd go onto be a good manager or coach and this was at a time i and a few  on here had there reservations about him when second to Rooney

Warne has had a handful of games with his own players.

Injuries have meant he is unable to field his team so far.

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

rosenior only lost 3 out of 12 games.

If he was the brains behind the operation in the championship, then he did a pretty good job because we weren't far off overcoming the minus 21 points

If we were even slightly decent away from home we would have stayed up.

We started League One the way we spent the whole Championship season completely clueless on how to win an away game.

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

but the longer term goal is surely to be a competitive championship side

The teams that seem to hit the ground running when getting promoted from L1 to the Championship don't play the archaeic  football drudge that we are watching ...lets get a good young side together playing good attractive football that we can all get behind 

a team that will not need major surgery in the championship 

Can someone dive into the details of results v League position?

I have never known a manager with such a bad record against top half teams, I don’t know whether it’s in my mind but it feels like we lose every game against top half teams