Under construction

Stive Pesley

23 minutes ago, sage said:

I can no longer visualise the ground without the 2 corners filled in.

I can always visualise it with one corner being open.

It's an image of a night game (it's always in the winter), I'm walking up to the ground and from a distance, through the gap I can see a wall of Derby fans highlighted under the glow of the stadium lights (it looks warm, inviting) with the quiet buzz of anticipation from them coupled with the muffled sounds of the PA system emanating from the ground growing ever more cacophonous as the stadium draws me ever closer to it.

You don't get that anymore.

Edited by Kokosnuss

5 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I can always visualise it with one corner being open.

It's an image of a night game (it's always in the winter), I'm walking up to the ground and from a distance, through the gap I can see a wall of Derby fans highlighted under the glow of the stadium lights (it looks warm, inviting) with the quiet buzz of anticipation from them coupled with the muffled sounds of the PA system emanating from the ground growing ever more cacophonous as the stadium draws me ever closer to it.

You don't get that anymore.

Ah!  The halcyon days of a muffled PA system.

full

7 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

It was pretty much a copy and paste of the Boro ground. It's a nice enough ground, but they weren't wrong.

They were ripped apart by the disciplinary commission in terms of their methodology for valuing the ground and comparing it to Morecombe and several Rugby League grounds.

Obviously it was more impressive when it was built but even now the capacity is higher than half the Premier League grounds.