Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

So many to put on ignore. Love matchday threads.

Is a fans forum definitely your thing? Kind of goes with the territory to read things you don't necessarily agree with (and even find  some of them ridiculous). It's a bit like going to the matches, unless you go wearing a very clever pair of ear defenders!

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Ugly football, not good by any definition but got the job done. Happy with 3 points, doesn’t matter how we got them 

Yes fair enough. A couple of opportunist moments and we also looked solid in defence (although we'll be tested more than that in other away games). Would rather have 3 points with that performance than 1 or 0 with a better one, but I live in hope of winning while entertaining... at least a little more!

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

What’s happened to Vickers? 

Not sure, the only info I’ve seen is that he wasn’t involved today due to “personal reasons”. Players wore shirts in support pre match, held his shirt up after the first goal, and there was the tribute with all the staff and players at the end just then. 
Id assume something sad like a bereavement or illness in the family but that’s purely speculation on my part. 

1 minute ago, jameso said:

Is a fans forum definitely your thing? Kind of goes with the territory to read things you don't necessarily agree with (and even find  some of them ridiculous). It's a bit like going to the matches, unless you go wearing a very clever pair of ear defenders!

Course its my thing. Look at my join date and post count. I love the jazz as Mr T would say. I respect people's opinions whatever they may be, however if someone is just spouting the same old same old every day, from both sides, I don't want to sift through for content.

I have no doubts that many many people have me on ignore because they don't want to read my opinions or posts. Don't blame them to be honest, most of it is drivel. X

Delighted for the team and the fans that we won. 3 points when we haven't played well is a good result.

Well done, James Collins and our back 4 for securing the win but the result seems harsh for Carlisle.

Our play was poorer than expected and theirs was better than expected. IMO.

Relieved at the result.

Beat Cambridge and Blackpool in our next two games and I think confidence will be soaring. Not only will we have have taken 19 points from 10 games (certainly top four form), we would have beaten two promotion rivals away (Posh and Blackpool).

It’s do-able. Time to be positive. 

This League is garbage. There are no standouts this season.