Bobby Clark - signed for RB Salzburg

Jubbs

• 5 months later...
On 01/02/2024 at 14:22, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Liverpool don't seem keen to loan him to us for some reason.

They have a new manager and probably in the early stages of pre season. Youngsters usually stay with their club for the majority of pre season and then move. Alan Nixon did say we signed a youngster on loan but he will probably stay with their club for a few weeks into pre season. 1

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

He’ll end up at Salzburg with Pep Lijnders I’d imagine. Hopefully the Hinshelwood noise is true and we get him on loan.

Is he any good? Seen much of him?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is he any good? Seen much of him?

Watched him twice last season that I can remember aswell as maybe a game or two off the bench. In the two full games I watched vs spurs and Palace he actually scored in both and didn’t look out of place at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Not gone on tour with the Liverpool fringe squad because he's still rehabilitating after an injury near the end of last season. If he does go out on loan, it's not going to be until the end of the window.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/07/why-bobby-clark-has-not-been-involved-in-liverpool-pre-season-so-far/

Sounds a little as if he's now moved out of our league even if I'm sure we would be interested. 

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool Echo mentioning us as still interested along with other sides;

On Bobby Clark, it continues:

“A player who has loads of interest. Celtic and Rangers are in the mix. 

“Salzburg had the bid rejected. Pretty much half of the Championship are interested. Norwich are one of them, Leeds United and Derby County possibly. So yeah you can see why he is attracting interest.”

"Obviously a player who is yet to properly break into the first-team fold on a regular basis. 

“But he's had enough of a taste hasn't he? I think he made his senior debut in the Premier League against Forest was it? 

“A player with a huge future really. Liverpool very relaxed about the situation.”

"Not looking to massively entertain permanent bids but £6million is way short of what they feel his valuation is at this stage. 

“He does want to go on loan so I think they will look at the landscape there and a loan could be the next step for him."

Taken from here which quotes the Echo;

EDIT - doesn’t sound the most concrete link and don’t see us as a draw over Celtic or Rangers sadly, but it’s at least a mention of the club after the rumour mill seemed to stop recently.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added thoughts

As a club the old firm offer bigger crowds and low rent European footy.

A season in the Champ might be seen as a superior development move.

If there's a dozen clubs in the mix it depends where he and they fancy spending a year. I'd make us outsiders, but not no-hopers.

9 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

If there's a dozen clubs in the mix it depends where he and they fancy spending a year. I'd make us outsiders, but not no-hopers.

Home crowds yes, but just as often will be watched by 6,000 at the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dundee.

32 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

It's cold and wet in Scotland?

On 07/07/2024 at 20:07, jimbobram said:

They have a new manager and probably in the early stages of pre season. Youngsters usually stay with their club for the majority of pre season and then move. Alan Nixon did say we signed a youngster on loan but he will probably stay with their club for a few weeks into pre season. 1

I think Warne said last summer that most loans for youngsters happen late in the window as teams want to see where they stand and where the player is in the pecking order.

12 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I think Warne said last summer that most loans for youngsters happen late in the window as teams want to see where they stand and where the player is in the pecking order.

The loan market has come alive this week, a lot of dominos falling.