Tyreece John-Jules

McMuffin

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

What does it say for us oldie technophobes who don’t use Instagram 😅

8 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Quite. What does the Instagram piece say?

Nothing at all as far as I can see. Just TJJ sat in a chair. Cryptic response from Nate to it though. Perhaps the lad might be fit again prior to end of season after all. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

What does it say for us oldie technophobes who don’t use Instagram 😅

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Quite. What does the Instagram piece say?

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Nothing at all as far as I can see. Just TJJ sat in a chair. Cryptic response from Nate to it though. Perhaps the lad might be fit again prior to end of season after all. 

29 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Cheers @Comrade 86 👍🏼

Just posted a pic of him playing for Derby - no caption. Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours, hence the confusion.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

So...he's been released by Arsenal...would you take him back ?

For me it a yes on a pay per play basis...ie appearance basis...

For me 6 months to prove his fitness, look at it again at christmas 

I think there is a talented player if you can get him fit 

"And why would he sign up for a pay as you play..."

It would get his career back on track. I'll give you an example. At the age of 62 I found myself unemployed. I had some years previously been a Recruitment Consultant. Surprise surprise nobody wanted to employ me. I joined a company on just that basis. Make a placement...get commission. I had no basic pay. I became the biggest earner in that company until I retired some years later....the same could work for him if he could prove his fitness...

21 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

It would get his career back on track. I'll give you an example. At the age of 62 I found myself unemployed. I had some years previously been a Recruitment Consultant. Surprise surprise nobody wanted to employ me. I joined a company on just that basis. Make a placement...get commission. I had no basic pay. I became the biggest earner in that company until I retired some years later....the same could work for him if he could prove his fitness...

We have wasted enough time and money on him. If you can remember Terry Hennessey you can also remember John Chiedozie 

48 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Is he any good at recruiting 😉

1 hour ago, Terry Hennessy said:

At the very least if he keeps playing, even on a pay as you play basis, he keeps himself in the shop window.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Injury prone, not a striker, not a winger, just a bit of nothing.

And why would he sign up for a pay as you play...

Think he can be a striker, is definitely not a winger. I was really hopeful for him last season, is obviously talented but seems a bit weak.

Is someone who can possibly just click and become a good player, if is not in the next year or two though is never going to happen.

would take a pay as you play deal, see how he goes! He may not take that though

I feel like there's a top player in there, but it's a huge risk. Unless he's essentially playing for a contract then I don't think we can take the punt. The club have shown they've got a ruthless streak by ditching Gayle, and they've got a team of physios and sports scientists who will be able to give us rough estimate how many games TJJ will be able to play per season. I'd love him to sign and be fit forever more, but I'd also love a lot of things that I've got zero chance of so...

He signed his last Arsenal contract in 2021 when he’d turned 20, so I would guess he’s used to being quite well paid; maybe £10k a week?( A complete guess).

Who is going to pay him anything close to that now? All signings are risks but I think I would be reluctant to ‘gamble’ half that on him. 

2 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

No offence but can you not understand how the circumstances for a 23 year old man is different to those of a man a few years away from his pension?

Can you not understand the difference between you backing yourself with your professional skillset to make some money, and a footballer who most of the time is completely unsure if he will be physically unable to demonstrate his professional skillset?

This pay as you play rubbish is starting to annoy me. They are extremely rare even in the top flight where players have already made their tens of millions, let alone the Championship. I don't think there is any player currently playing on a deal like this.

Pay as you play suggestions are made quite often for injury prone players, how often does that actually happen? I mean outside of non-league football?

Any player, injury prone or not, can pick up an injury like an ACL. You don’t have to be injury prone like George Thorne to suffer a double leg break and be out for a year plus, that kind of deal just won’t happen.

I wouldn’t want us to re-sign TJJ on any kind of deal. At one stage we were left with no strikers and if it wasn’t for Dwight Gayle’s short run of games I don’t think we’d have gone up. Regardless of budget TJJ will take up a place in the squad, and it could have a big impact on our season if his injury leaves us short of options again.

He’s a good player but I see him at a middle of the table League 1 side who could afford to give him a chance to prove he can stay fit.