Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Not entirely sure how you can “broadly agree” a fee after months of negotiations then run out of time but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Presumably a stumbling block over the loan-back (and who pays what re: his new/higher wages ) together with how much cash up front/sell-on etc.

With the exception of last summer, for obvious reasons, this is pretty much on par with Derby transfer deadlines for the past 5 years - our biggest success is in holding on to a player rather than signing one. 

It’s a shame we couldn’t get a few more incomings over the line. It’s a pretty weak L1 this year and it kind of feels like with a few more signings we could have given ourselves a great chance of being right up there come the end of the season. We still could of course, but in true Derby style if we do we’ll have done it the hard way.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

£4m is dreamland.

More like £750k upfront.

£250k per year over four years.

£150k for every 10 PL appearances up to £1.5m

£750k if Brighton finish in the top four.

And asking for a 1m loan fee to send him back, plus wages.

It's really not as simple as them handing us a big bag of cash all at once.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

£4m is dreamland.

More like £750k upfront.

£250k per year over four years.

£150k for every 10 PL appearances up to £1.5m

£750k if Brighton finish in the top four.

So a player who makes 100 Premier League appearances would have brought in a total of £2.5m over 4 years (and an extra 750k if Brighton finish in the top 4)?

Are you deliberately contrasting “Dreamland” with “Nightmare Scenario Transfer Deal Land”?

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I won't believe this until I see Cashy in the team tomorrow. Please, please let this be true. I will never forget going to bed happy that we had held onto Tom Huddleston only to discover in the morning that he had been sold for a pittance.

13 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Remember when we accepted £4m for Hulse and he turned it down, ended up joining QPR for £750k. 

At £4m this would’ve been an awesome deal. Even if we can’t get a replacement in we should do the deal if possible then spend the money in January if necessary. Be lucky to get half that next summer.

We need promotion to stand any chance of him signing a new deal. Same with Bird.

Rob Hulse.

Just had a strange sensation then at the thought of Commons cross/Hulse's header against the gumps.

<rubs thighs like Vic Reeves>

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

So a player who makes 100 Premier League appearances would have brought in a total of £2.5m over 4 years (and an extra 750k if Brighton finish in the top 4)?

Are you deliberately contrasting “Dreamland” with “Nightmare Scenario Transfer Deal Land”?

I think it was well documented that the deal selling Rasiak was structured similarly with a figure over X amount of PL appearances and CL qualification. 

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Unless we're comfortably in the top 2 and can offer some very worthwhile contracts, I am fully expecting both Cash and Bird to leave us in January.

Need to have started tying down other players by that point too. Thompson and Sibley for starters.

I think it will depend where in the table we sit