Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

This will be clarified today one of two ways - either he goes or he signs a new contract

I don't think we can afford to turn down a 7 figure sum for a player out of contract at the end of the season. We need to make a big statement in our finances one way or another today and either raise our wage bill or get a windfall transfer figure in the books.

I really hope we can keep him, I think he is extremely valuable to our promotion aspirations and I hope there's room in the budget to give him a long contract.

Even our touted figure of 3m is not that much in today's football figures but its 3m more than we will get if we lose him at the end of the season

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

This will be clarified today one of two ways - either he goes or he signs a new contract

I don't think we can afford to turn down a 7 figure sum for a player out of contract at the end of the season. We need to make a big statement in our finances one way or another today and either raise our wage bill or get a windfall transfer figure in the books.

I really hope we can keep him, I think he is extremely valuable to our promotion aspirations and I hope there's room in the budget to give him a long contract.

Even our touted figure of 3m is not that much in today's football figures but its 3m more than we will get if we lose him at the end of the season

I can’t see why he would sign a contract with us. I wouldn’t if I were him. 
I guess the only reason is risk of career ending illness/injury meaning he wouldn’t get a move next summer but that’s highly unlikely at his age 

On 30/08/2023 at 20:08, SILVERFOXTHERAMSFAN said:

Leigh Curtis penned a very similar article about a week ago. He has no new news so repeats old news. Oh for the days of Gerald Mortimer.

Always been the same the derby telegraph have. I don’t remember the last time they broke a player first but always been quick to say we have no interest in a player. I don’t bother looking for there news 

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

I guess the only reason is risk of career ending illness/injury meaning he wouldn’t get a move next summer but that’s highly unlikely at his age 

If we can match the terms or at least get close to the terms being offered by Brighton I think he'd stay. Money talks.

I think if he had made it clear he wants to go and won't sign a new deal then he'd be gone already, and he wouldn't be starting games for us.

It's obvious by the way it's been said that the speculation has weighed heavily on him that he is torn on what he does next

You say you wouldn't if you were him but thing is, you are not him and none of us know what motivates him or what he has in mind. Will he join Brighton to be sent out on dubious loan moves across the country and eventually sold for a profit? Or is he going there to play football.

If I was a young footballer, I know that my number one priority would be playing football

As you say Brighton will just farm him out to a Champ club. As much as I love Cash, for me he'd struggle at Prem level...so he needs to think carefully through his next move.

I think the hoovering up of any "likely looking" players is a business in itself for Prem clubs. Then Farm them out ...then sell them for a profit...a bit like Used Car Dealers...

15 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

As you say Brighton will just farm him out to a Champ club. As much as I love Cash, for me he'd struggle at Prem level...so he needs to think carefully through his next move.

I think the hoovering up of any "likely looking" players is a business in itself for Prem clubs. Then Farm them out ...then sell them for a profit...a bit like Used Car Dealers...

Indeed.

The England Under 21 squad announced today contains 8 players currently playing at Championship or below on loan from Premier League clubs. I can't imagine many of them will ever get much game time with their parent clubs.

Along with those are several that used to be on the books of Manchester City but have moved on for a healthy profit, including 2 (Trafford and Palmer) who are now at other Prem clubs.

If I was generally happy in life, at a club I love, with my support network around me, playing each week, young and a bit of a local hero I would sign a new contract if I wasnt convinced I would def be in and about 1st team squad on any move. I would give it a couple more years here and either hope we go up or get a better move later. But my main motivation would be my overall happiness not £. I would also feel some loyalty to club giving me the chance but thats me. 

1 hour ago, Jram said:

And he could take out an insurance policy against that.  

If he goes to Brighton it's a lot more in wage, a probable loan straight out to a championship team - Hull would be my guess- where if he does well he's probably not coming back to this level for 12 years, a higher calibre of coaching and a quicker route to a full cap.  I'm not seeing many downsides if I'm 21.

If they get to anywhere around the mooted 3 million, it's a decent fee as well for a player who I can't see ever being better than top 10 championship level who probably won't want to stay unless we get promoted.  He's a solid competitor but that gets you so far and no further.

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If I was generally happy in life, at a club I love, with my support network around me, playing each week, young and a bit of a local hero I would sign a new contract if I wasnt convinced I would def be in and about 1st team squad on any move. I would give it a couple more years here and either hope we go up or get a better move later. But my main motivation would be my overall happiness not £. I would also feel some loyalty to club giving me the chance but thats me. 

In life, the club/company who wants you the most will pay you the most. It's not always possible in football, of course, but if I'm Cashin then I'm not signing anything until the end of the season. 

My advice would be that none of us really know how good Cashin is and as a smaller/slower centre back that he's only one bad year from being completely overlooked so he really does need to make hay while the sunshines. I would hold off signing anything and wait to see who offers the biggest deal at the end of his contract. Brighton's offer will still be there, but so could West Ham, Villa, Everton... even the fact Brighton are interested will give other team's a nod based on how good their recruitment strategy is. 

If we get to the end of the season and Derby have the best offer on the table then he has a decision to make. I don't think that will be the case, of course.  

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In life, the club/company who wants you the most will pay you the most. It's not always possible in football, of course, but if I'm Cashin then I'm not signing anything until the end of the season. 

My advice would be that none of us really know how good Cashin is and as a smaller/slower centre back that he's only one bad year from being completely overlooked so he really does need to make hay while the sunshines. I would hold off signing anything and wait to see who offers the biggest deal at the end of his contract. Brighton's offer will still be there, but so could West Ham, Villa, Everton... even the fact Brighton are interested will give other team's a nod based on how good their recruitment strategy is. 

If we get to the end of the season and Derby have the best offer on the table then he has a decision to make. I don't think that will be the case, of course.  

Yes all good points but my post was just saying that money wouldnt be my main driving force at this point

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

If we can match the terms or at least get close to the terms being offered by Brighton I think he'd stay. Money talks.

I think if he had made it clear he wants to go and won't sign a new deal then he'd be gone already, and he wouldn't be starting games for us.

It's obvious by the way it's been said that the speculation has weighed heavily on him that he is torn on what he does next

You say you wouldn't if you were him but thing is, you are not him and none of us know what motivates him or what he has in mind. Will he join Brighton to be sent out on dubious loan moves across the country and eventually sold for a profit? Or is he going there to play football.

If I was a young footballer, I know that my number one priority would be playing football

I just think I’d be wary of signing a contract if I was a player, particularly if I had ambitions above my current club. 

Like you say, Cash may well be happy at Derby but I’d be shocked to hear any young league 1 footballers not having ambitions to play leagues above. 

Harry Kane is such a cautionary tale in signing a contract and expecting your club to sell you when a bigger club comes calling. They may not and you can’t complain as you signed it.

Ive said it before but I think the honourable thing, if you genuinely have ambitions above League 1, is to run your contract down

When the opposite happens and clubs sign a contract they later regret, pure hilarity can ensue as anyone who watched Jack Rodwell on Sunderland Till I Die will attest 😂

On 30/08/2023 at 19:59, Rev said:

I can't wait until Derbyshire Live becomes Derbyshire Dead.

I don't blame the writers, but the penny pinching barstewards who've stolen our local press.

And the fact that few buy local (or any papers) these days.  They have to make money online, which has no cover price - and per click advertising.  No room for proper investigations, but regurgitation of other sources, or "X", costs nothing more than the fixed cost of the writer.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes all good points but my post was just saying that money wouldnt be my main driving force at this point

Footballers are taught from an early age to compete to be the best.  Of their year of those trying out, 1% will make it.  A hundred good footballers is reduced to one.  For the premiership, it is one in ten of those left.  

After all that competing, you are not likely to accept Lg1.  If I were him, and I say this as a fan of this club, I would be off like a shot. 

Edited by CBX1985

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Surely Brighton have left it too late to loan him out this Window. If he signs today he will sign knowing he has 4 months in their u23 team while he awaits a Jan loan.

Depends if it with us.  As everyone is in the same room, and contracts are being signed, it could be done all together.  For other clubs, absolutely.

I've just stood behind someone who looks like Cashin buying a 99 on Brighton beach.  Only a small glimpse, from behind, but I then got distracted by a small urchin racing around on a skateboard. In truth I was more worried about my varicose veins than being mugged for £2.50. Anyway, there you have it. Cashin could possibly be gone. £2.50 for an ice cream. Robbing b******* wanted more for gobbing some sauce and sprinklings over it too.