So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

1 minute ago, KBB said:

Options would be (I'm not saying they would come or we would be in for them or want them before anyone slams the list)

Hassenhutl

Lampard

Wilder

Dean Smith

Carsley

Nathan Jones

Jokanovic

Bruce

Warlock

Eustace

Whoever we go for, we'd be sensible to act soon. Autumn is always sacking season, so we'll not be the only ones looking for a new manager. Two managers sacked in the championship the other day, we're effectively already behind.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

Whoever we go for, we'd be sensible to act soon. Autumn is always sacking season, so we'll not be the only ones looking for a new manager. Two managers sacked in the championship the other day, we're effectively already behind.

If Clowes acts now then most fans will congratulate him on acting in good time to correct an understandable mistake in recruitment. Enough is enough now.

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Eustace would definitely be keen and would be 1st choice in my opinion! Who wouldn’t want to take us on, the only way is up from this dross we are being served up! 

Would you really go from top six in the Championship to League One?

He’s apparently on Bristol City’s three man shortlist and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the radar of a number of bottom half Championship clubs. 

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You have no track record of any correct statements. I'll go with the person who has proven knowledge. I don't believe that you do. 

I honestly couldn’t care less what you believe. You believed Warne was a good manager until about a week ago.

I’ve been correct multiple times before. I know who this persons source is, and it doesn’t get much more reliable. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

He’s apparently on Bristol City’s three man shortlist and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the radar of a number of bottom half Championship clubs. 

Not if I was currently managing a club that was top six in the Championship. However if I was out of work I would. He may well be on shortlists and radar's but unless he's offered a post he's out of work

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Think he has publicly stated he has no interest in being involved in player recruitment. We would be going down a very different path, and have to place a lot of trust in Mark Thomas if we did, albeit I do think it’s probably a more sensible way of doing things. 

Why would the manager of notts county come here to be player recruitment? You’ve confused me. I’m suggesting him to come in as manager 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Well warne was 7th in the championship with Rotherham when he was persuaded to join us.

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Not if I was currently managing a club that was top six in the Championship. However if I was out of work I would. He may well be on shortlists and radar's but unless he's offered a post he's out of work

Absolutely take your point - and I hope you’re right! I would definitely take Eustace.

Just not sure it is realistic. You have to wonder what we could offer any manager 💰 wise, too. 

Think we are more likely to get someone who has been out of work for a while as opposed to going up-and-coming managers like Eustace and Beale. 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Why would the manager of notts county come here to be player recruitment? You’ve confused me. I’m suggesting him to come in as manager 

Sorry - as in Warne is very involved in player recruitment as a manager, which is how we operate. Williams isn’t and doesn’t want to be, so if he was our manager it would be a big step change in how we operate meaning someone such as Mark Thomas would have a lot more responsibility / have a lot of trust placed in him. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Sorry - as in Warne is very involved in player recruitment as a manager, which is how we operate. Williams isn’t and doesn’t want to be, so if he was our manager it would be a big step change in how we operate meaning someone such as Mark Thomas would have a lot more responsibility / have a lot of trust placed in him. 

I’d rather that than have warne involved with recruitment judging on some of the dross we got in the summer and to venture further than Rotherham. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely take your point - and I hope you’re right! I would definitely take Eustace.

Just not sure it is realistic. You have to wonder what we could offer any manager 💰 wise, too. 

Think we are more likely to get someone who has been out of work for a while as opposed to going up-and-coming managers like Eustace and Beale. 

Maybe but we are a big club with a high profile. I think a lot of people would be interested in managing Derby. However we have to get rid of Warne and gang of numpties first! 

38 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Want to clear up any confusion. Meeting took place this morning. I have no idea what was said. My source has told me things have been off for weeks. They expect that he won’t last till the international break 

Thanks. However I am now confused by the term 'things have been off for weeks'? I know the football has - anything else ?

1 minute ago, gfs1ram said:

Thanks. However I am now confused by the term 'things have been off for weeks'? I know the football has - anything else ?

Probably regarding relationship. Warne had a few digs last few post matches about finances etc. especially post Shrewsbury