So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

11 minutes ago, dantheram said:

At this point I just need to know we have an owner that can understand football. Warne is a busted flush, he’s gone, it’s just cruel prolonging it, if the owner can’t see it then we have another issue that is much much harder to fix. 

Wazza could make an emotional return now that he has had some quality time with Coleeeen.     Brum fans hate him more than ours hate Warne.

8 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Clowes said that he always takes the weekend before reflecting on things to avoid hasty decisions and emotions didn’t he? So we wouldn’t be looking at any movement before Monday if he had decided enough was enough. 

Goodness if he's only just realised how poor and un-coordinated Warne's football is then we have to worry. Get a DOF in now.

In 1995 Lionel Pickering appointed Jim Smith - there was significant opposition to his appointment at the time. Look how that turned out. 
That’s one of the reasons why I’m advocating Steve Bruce. Experienced manager with several promotions to his name. Some on here wouldn’t want him - probably the same people who didn’t rate Jim Smith. 

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

In 1995 Lionel Pickering appointed Jim Smith - there was significant opposition to his appointment at the time. Look how that turned out. 
That’s one of the reasons why I’m advocating Steve Bruce. Experienced manager with several promotions to his name. Some on here wouldn’t want him - probably the same people who didn’t rate Jim Smith. 

Bruce's football is uninspiring. Ask any supporter of most of his former clubs managed and they'd tell you he's not the man.

Don't think we could afford Eustace at this point. And I think he would be wise to wait for a Championship club TBH.

I think Steve Round might be the best option for us. Respected coach. Connections at big clubs which helps with decent loans. Could sell a vision to more technically able players. Currently unemployed. Connection to the area.

30 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Interesting logic. 
Ironically Bruce very nearly got the job instead of Smith in 1995. Thankfully he didn’t as history would’ve been very different. Fingers crossed he doesn’t get it this time either! 

28 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Bruce's football is uninspiring. Ask any supporter of most of his former clubs managed and they'd tell you he's not the man.

It can’t be more uninspiring than the dross we’re currently witnessing. Clowes employed Warne for the single objective of getting us promoted ASAP. The football style obviously didn’t concern him. 

Edited by Abu Derby

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

It can’t be more inspiring than the dross we’re currently witnessing. Clowes employed Warne for the single objective of getting us promoted ASAP. The football style obviously didn’t concern him. 

And would it concern the majority of he got us promoted?