Michael Smith

DCFC1388

Alan Nixon (yes i know):

Derby County boss Paul Warne wants to sign ‘old boy’ Michael Smith from Sheffield Wednesday on loan.

The pair worked together at Rotherham and Smith may now be available to leave the Owls.

Collins is a player transformed and doing so well right now. But if he were to get I jured, or his form dipped, how would we be? Is Waghorn going to step in to see us over the line? Or Dajune Brown to come from the U21s? Or even have Washington to lead the line? 

A loan for Smith sounds a sensible insurance policy. Even though I would love Brown to get some game time, but he would then likely go out on loan for that. 

19 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That Witcoop fella replied to a Rams fan earlier today on X saying he thinks the deal will get done;

I mean it could (and probably does) mean eff all, just bored and thought I’d share. 

Is this guy even real? 

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He’s a… ahem… “journalist” for the Sunday mirror, so is allegedly a real person. 

He just seemed to have no followers then build them up in the summer market has he actually got anything right 

Struggle to see why anyone would be against this as a loan. Smith has proven himself over many years as a decent player at this level. He might be aging, but that really isn’t relevant unless we buy him - an an ideal world, he joins us for 6 months, helps us get promoted, and then we ditch him (harsh as it sounds) since he’s no longer good enough for the Championship.

No brainer for me if he’s available, obviously a player Warne personally wants given their time together at Rotherham. Not as naturally talented as John-Jules of course, but I think he’d offer us a lot more reliable competition up front. 

29 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ don’t know, just sharing what I read. 

I know you share reliable stuff mate was a genuine question if this guy was actually real or a bot that shares stuff