New behaviour rules...

MadAmster

applicable to players, subs, coaches and fans.

As with the changes in the Laws/rules I posted in a previous thread, I welcome these and it's mainly stuff I've been asking for over a number of years. I've never had a reply to my suggestions from EFL or PGMOL but I can now stop, for the time being, as most of my wish list has come to fruition.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/07/football-unites-to-improve-participant-and-fan-behaviour-for-the-202324-season

Trouble is nothing will actually change. Fans at matches full of ale, dusty noses, standing in seating areas, foul language chanting, swearing around youngsers who then think its the norm, baiting away fans etc. We are as bad as anybody else! 

How many people were banned because of the above from pride park last season?

All sounds common sense to me. As long as we don’t get in to banning ironic humour and ritual bi partisan insult throwing and get too touchy. A game in the stands for fans is a great safety relief valve for so many of life’s battles. No I am not condoning pure hatred and foul language with kids around just saying it’s about balance and recognising the arena. 

Look forward to seeing this implemented (again?!):

"Captains are expected to take responsibility for their teammates encouraging them to play fairly and show respect towards the match officials and their decisions.

Where match officials are confronted, surrounded or their personal space invaded by multiple players, at least one player will receive a card. The FA could also take further action against the club."

Oooh and this one!

"New measures will include:

A new technical area code of conduct to require managers, coaches and other club staff members to behave in a responsible manner."

30 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Trouble is nothing will actually change. Fans at matches full of ale, dusty noses, standing in seating areas, foul language chanting, swearing around youngsers who then think its the norm, baiting away fans etc. We are as bad as anybody else! 

Exactly.

All very sensible and welcome measures but will the rules be enforced (for players, other staff and fans)?  Even if they are, how long before they are allowed to lapse especially when over payed premier league players and their managers start to get a bit upset about it all.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Look forward to seeing this implemented (again?!):

"Captains are expected to take responsibility for their teammates encouraging them to play fairly and show respect towards the match officials and their decisions.

Where match officials are confronted, surrounded or their personal space invaded by multiple players, at least one player will receive a card. The FA could also take further action against the club."

Oooh and this one!

"New measures will include:

A new technical area code of conduct to require managers, coaches and other club staff members to behave in a responsible manner."

I remember this one coming in with much fanfare a few seasons ago.

One Derby player got booked for it in the first home game. Then nobody got booked for it after that.

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Exactly, police are almost non existent and stewards are as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

With both these behaviour based initiatives and the rule/Law changes (most of which are already Laws that refs just don't enforce), I fear a rash of cards in the first few weeks of the season and then normal service will be resumed...

So it's only tragedy chants that they are clamping down on!

I take it that this aimed mainly at those who give those loveable scousers a bit of jip about being victims and nothing being their fault? Totally understandable seeing as they only spent a few decades singing about Munich!