Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

25 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im pretty confident we would have to have met huds valuation of him to be granted permission to speak to him.

the only way we could circumnavigate that is if he was out of contract or had only 6 months left … which neither is the case 

We cant just go and speak to an under contract player from another club without their permission… which usually comes about by meeting their valuation of him

You should have had a word with them when they signed Holmes a month before they signed him. 

10 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

The fact this topic is on page 21 says it all. We’re desperate for some firepower. Didn’t one of the coaches say he expected a deal to go through this week? 

Got 2 days left. Seems to be a reoccurring pattern that a timeframe is set and then missed. Are we haggling to the last minute? 

Don’t even want Rhodes but if it goes on much longer I’d take Liam Dickinson and the ghost of Steve Bloomer.

washing machine calm down GIF

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You should have had a word with them when they signed Holmes a month before they signed him. 

If he was under contract derby would have had to have granted them permission to speak to him.. them the rules 

anything else is tittle tattle and speculation

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

If he was under contract derby would have had to have granted them permission to speak to him.. them the rules 

anything else is tittle tattle and speculation

Not really.  He openly stated he spoke to the Huddersfield manager after we played them to see if he could get a move.  The fact he was s**** and someone was happy to pay meant we were delighted to get him out the door.  Would have been a different story for someone else.   We sold a player in 200* who I know well who advised the club that an approach had been made to him after a deal had been sorted .  Said club then paid more to avoid the situation becoming public.  Happens more than you think.  We had the TUPE brothers last year for starters.

39 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

The fact this topic is on page 21 says it all. We’re desperate for some firepower. Didn’t one of the coaches say he expected a deal to go through this week? 

Got 2 days left. Seems to be a reoccurring pattern that a timeframe is set and then missed. Are we haggling to the last minute? 

Don’t even want Rhodes but if it goes on much longer I’d take Liam Dickinson and the ghost of Steve Bloomer.

Listen to the last couple of minutes of this interview from after the Chesterfield game (or listen to all of it);

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g1vpqg?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Matt Hamshaw talks about the 5 or 6 players due back from injury who will strengthen the side when they’re back. He then says Warne wants to add “2 or 3…probably more in”, HOPEFULLY before the season starts but if it has to be later in the window then so be it. He also mentions they wanted us to have all the loan spaces available by this point.

I know you’re keen to see more signings, we all are, you need to accept that they will happen at the point they happen. Clearly it’s not an exact science and so long as the intent and effort to add players is there (which it clearly is) all we can do is wait. The staff know what we do, there’s a need to add more up front, and they’re looking to do so. Try and find a way not to worry so much. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not really.  He openly stated he spoke to the Huddersfield manager after we played them to see if he could get a move.  The fact he was s**** and someone was happy to pay meant we were delighted to get him out the door.  Would have been a different story for someone else.   We sold a player in 200* who I know well who advised the club that an approach had been made to him after a deal had been sorted .  Said club then paid more to avoid the situation becoming public.  Happens more than you think.  We had the TUPE brothers last year for starters.

Ok… 

his representatives would not have been allowed to speak to huds had derby not given them permission 

End of story

otherwise its an illegal approach 

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Listen to the last couple of minutes of this interview from after the Chesterfield game (or listen to all of it);

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g1vpqg?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Matt Hamshaw talks about the 5 or 6 players due back from injury who will strengthen the side when they’re back. He then says Warne wants to add “2 or 3…probably more in”, HOPEFULLY before the season starts but if it has to be later in the window then so be it. He also mentions they wanted us to have all the loan spaces available by this point.

I know you’re keen to see more signings, we all are, you need to accept that they will happen at the point they happen. Clearly it’s not an exact science and so long as the intent and effort to add players is there (which it clearly is) all we can do is wait. The staff know what we do, there’s a need to add more up front, and they’re looking to do so. Try and find a way not to worry so much. 

Sounds like most of our attacking additions could be loan players?

Just now, Ram1988 said:

Sounds like most of our attacking additions could be loan players?

I took from the interview that it’s 2 or 3 more permanent signings and then we’ve also got loan spaces to use and will do so. So perhaps Warne’s decided he does need more bodies in the squad. I could have misunderstood it though 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ok… 

his representatives would not have been allowed to speak to huds had derby not given them permission 

End of story

otherwise its an illegal approach 

If he's sounded them out prior I don't get that way of thinking.  Each to their own though. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im pretty confident we would have to have met huds valuation of him to be granted permission to speak to him.

the only way we could circumnavigate that is if he was out of contract or had only 6 months left … which neither is the case 

We cant just go and speak to an under contract player from another club without their permission… which usually comes about by meeting their valuation of him

We may well have agreed a deal with both Huddersfield & Rhodes but it wont be finalised until they get a replacement

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I took from the interview that it’s 2 or 3 more permanent signings and then we’ve also got loan spaces to use and will do so. So perhaps Warne’s decided he does need more bodies in the squad. I could have misunderstood it though 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Who knows? I suppose it's easy to read too much into these interviews. 

I think we have a strong core we just need a few additions. If they are loanees then thats fine by me.

14 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I took it that we are definitely signing 30 year old Kieffer Moore from Bournemouth.😉

Kieffer Moore is a terrible footballer though he is good in the air. 

He would definitely divide opinion!