Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

17 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So turns out there was a behind closed doors friendly for Huddersfield today against Accrington.

Rhodes played in it.

So all those people saying this is done obviously don't know anything. 

Not very often you sign a player and let him go back to his old club to play a friendly 

Yeah you’re wrong here you’ll see shortly 

1 hour ago, ripleyram88 said:

I don't care how old a player is as long as he's good enough.

We can't sit and wait for the perfect player to come along, we need to get out the division.

Yeah I just don’t see Rhodes as helping with that

needjng to get out of the division is the exact reason would spend £2m on Clarke harris

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Of course Warne would rather have Clarke-Harris.

But there's not a chance that Peterborough would sell him to anyone for less than £2 million. Let alone to a rival.

I'd imagine nobody in League One can afford JCH. Probably a lot of Champ teams too. (I'm sure I read WBA were linked with a £4 Millon move)

Probably the reason he hasn't gone anywhere yet. 

£4mil seems a little excessive for a league 1 player in the last year of his deal. Maybe the £2-3M range would be enough to get him. Would be worth the investment. 

2 minutes ago, SpiderRam said:

£4mil seems a little excessive for a league 1 player in the last year of his deal. Maybe the £2-3M range would be enough to get him. Would be worth the investment. 

It wouldn't be mate. This is what got us in this mess. 

He's 29. So signing him for 2-3 million on a 3 year deal. He won't be worth that in 3 years time.

Signing players for silly money and letting them leave for free is a massive reason why we're in the position we are in.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Ahh yes we've probably signed him and then let him go and play for Huddersfield in a friendly. Makes sense.

Time will tell. Perfectly feasible that terms were being discussed yesterday, including his own personal terms. The latter might have been agreed. The two clubs agree to continue to negotiate during today as there are some aspects on which they might not be agreed. Till then he continues to be part of the Huddersfield squad, and takes some part in a very low key, behind closed doors, warm up match against Accrington where it is agreed that the fixture be part of both team’s conditioning programme rather than a truly competitive match. He comes through that game, and in the meantime the clubs tie up loose ends over the phone followed by email agreement. I am happy to keep an open mind. 

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Time will tell. Perfectly feasible that terms were being discussed yesterday, including his own personal terms. The latter might have been agreed. The two clubs agree to continue to negotiate during today as there are some aspects on which they might not be agreed. Till then he continues to be part of the Huddersfield squad, and takes some part in a very low key, behind closed doors, warm up match against Accrington where it is agreed that the fixture be part of both team’s conditioning programme rather than a truly competitive match. He comes through that game, and in the meantime the clubs tie up loose ends over the phone followed by email agreement. I am happy to keep an open mind. 

So it's not done then is it.

If it was that close or "done' there's no chance Derby would agree to letting him play in a friendly.

Nor would Huddersfield play him in the friendly and risk a player that are getting rid of get injured.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If it was that close or "done' there's no chance Derby would agree to letting him play in a friendly.

Nor would Huddersfield play him in the friendly and risk a player that are getting rid of get injured.

Do you not remember Collins playing for Cardiff in the exact same way and even scoring then signing for us imminently after???????

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The Rambler bloke on twitter and a couple of posters on here have said it's done.

Hmmm... I've not seen anyone on here stating categorically that he's already signed a contract, though I confess I am only scanning these threads, so apologies if I've missed them. Perhaps they mean that a deal is agreed? Either way, if you're going to criticise them, best to cite them and give them a chance to respond. Getting one thing wrong does not imply they know nothing anyway.

As for The Rambler, aka Barry the Ram, that sad sack hasn't got a danny, so you got that right, but in fairness, that's not exactly news, is it? He'll just be regurgitating other sources, this forum quite possibly being one of them. Of more note, to my way of thinking, is why people still give him oxygen. His new bio states quite clearly he is not in any way ITK, as if that ever needed clarifying.

Back on thread, I'm pretty sure JR can do a fair job in this league if the rumours do prove accurate. Equally, I very much doubt PW will be expecting him to play 40+ games, so I'd hope players like Nombe, Ladapo and maybe Godden are still in play, unless there's a showstopper signing we none of us know about.

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Really not sure it matters how close the deal was. Derby are/were in no position to say what HTFC might do with their registered player much earlier today. Anyway, let’s see how it plays out. A bit later you might be able to really stick it to that Rambler bloke on twitter and a couple of posters on here have said it's done.