Southend United

simmoram1995

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I came across the horrific news that Southend United might be gone within 24 hours having gone through the horrific time ourselves I pray for their fans! It’s horrendous I’ve had to come across their supporters social media posts to find this out 

Keeping my fingers crossed they find their own David Clowes, terrible situation to be in.

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Reading could be following them according to some on their forum.

Looking to Mike Ashley to save them.

Their pre season friendly for tomorrow night at Bristol City has been cancelled at short notice 'due to a late revision of the Royal's pre-season schedule', sounds a bit ominous.

Reading apparently owe the taxman £500k but the owner can’t get any more of his money out of China - and the EFL won’t let them sign anyone while the winding up order is hanging over them. Unless they go down the high-interest loan route that we did, it’s all looking very grim…..

34 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Reading apparently owe the taxman £500k but the owner can’t get any more of his money out of China - and the EFL won’t let them sign anyone while the winding up order is hanging over them. Unless they go down the high-interest loan route that we did, it’s all looking very grim…..

They had according to some sources agreed to sign a number of players including Mark Harris and asked them to be patient. He has today signed for their near neighbours Oxford.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

£500k doesn't seem very much, surely they've got a half decent player that another club would be prepared to pay that much for.

2 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

I don’t like to think of any Club having to go through what we endured.

Not even L**ds, F***st or M*ll**ll!

All the best to Reading and Southend!

Regarding Reading, it was blatantly obvious that they were ignoring restrictions with January signings when we got relegated. Had they not been allowed to get these signings in, then it is likely that either Peterborough or ourselves would have stayed up.

I know Peterborough finished 3 points ahead of us, but we basically gave when relegation was confirmed with 4 games to go.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

They had according to some sources agreed to sign a number of players including Mark Harris and asked them to be patient. He has today signed for their near neighbours Oxford.

Another on their list Sean Clare has gone to Wigan

54 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Regarding Reading, it was blatantly obvious that they were ignoring restrictions with January signings when we got relegated. Had they not been allowed to get these signings in, then it is likely that either Peterborough or ourselves would have stayed up.

I know Peterborough finished 3 points ahead of us, but we basically gave when relegation was confirmed with 4 games to go.

That would be when they were allowed to bring in five players and a new manager in the week we flogged Shinnie for 30k and we're stopped last minute from giving a 40 yr old a 4 month contract at 5k a week. This despite the EFL now stating that they knew staying within their business plan would be very  challenging.   I think it's odd that Peterborough could have challenged their relegation but didn't.  Didn't they get a 3 point charge last season for the way they sold their ground and rented it back.  That was suspended and kept them in the playoffs.  Funny that.