Jake Rooney

jono

For me this is great news. 

The odd game where he was a bit Rabbit in headlights but those apart was strong, consistent and showed a good array of skills. He seems a thoroughly amiable young man who plays with commitment and passion. He’s also a “big lad” something vital in this division. At his age he’s only going to get better. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

For me this is great news. 

The odd game where he was a bit Rabbit in headlights but those apart was strong, consistent and showed a good array of skills. He seems a thoroughly amiable young man who plays with commitment and passion. He’s also a “big lad” something vital in this division. At his age he’s only going to get better. 

What’s great news ?

ahh …just seen new contract …great news  indeed he’s only 19 and a good prospect 

Edited by S8TY

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I'd like to see him go out on loan for a month if we get another CB in. He has a lot to learn. I still think he will end up as a DCM.

Only thing is, the early part of the season is when the tinpot cups are played so chance for him to get involved in those games for us if he stays instead of a loan.

Also, don't loans to league teams have to be for min half a season? So with a small squad it is always risky, would be typical that we pick up a couple of injuries and end up playing someone out of position if hes not here......

5 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Only thing is, the early part of the season is when the tinpot cups are played so chance for him to get involved in those games for us if he stays instead of a loan.

Also, don't loans to league teams have to be for min half a season? So with a small squad it is always risky, would be typical that we pick up a couple of injuries and end up playing someone out of position if hes not here......

Thompson went out on a months loan. They still happen. 

Rare to have a young CB so comfortable  and composed on the ball. The odd mistake is to be expected, but really he outperformed expectation 10-fold last season. I know people want to see him out on loan, but we're playing 3 at the back so he and Forsyth are our only cover at the moment. We could do with one more anyway, loan him out and we probably need two more. 

I'd keep him around - loaning him out creates a needless problem.