Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

Very cheap price in my opinion for a young highly versatile experienced international, we will never be able to sign one like him for a long time I suspect - hopefully we can get promotion this coming season - the administration has cost us so many players 

I really think he could be doing a lot better than Bristol city and that’s not trying to be disrespectful to them and I fully expect him sold within two years for £10 million plus. 

41 minutes ago, David said:

16 minutes ago, David said:

You're not the only one, I think this one will be split.

For me he's an absolute grafter, has the engine to cover box to box all game. Doesn't shirk a tackle or lose his head doing so, moves the ball round nicely, I mean for me he's exactly what you want in the middle of the pitch.....when played there.

Goals will come, when they do that's when his value will rocket.

For me, this will be controversial and laughed out this topic, I genuinely think he offers more than the "technically" better Will Hughes who has gone on to play Premier League football.

Let's not forget though anyone that suggested Will Hughes wouldn't play for England one day was also considered to be a controversial opinion. 

He averaged about 1 in 3 in his first season .  We've just played him everywhere but goalie since.  Rooney kept sticking him out wide for 12 months. Cocu used him for man marking as we were conceding so many goals.  Rosenior put him full back for 3 months.  He also missed about 3 months in the relegation season after Rooney decided he could tackle people weighing 20 stone. Apparently he doesn't pull up any trees.  I'd suggest if you've spent 90 mins digging up the roots, it's up to someone else to pull it out.  Root digger and tree puller in McGoldrick out the door.  Inured geezer who has less than 50 goals in 6 years in.  Progress apparently.

£2M is a decent fee for a L1 player, and that will be considered.  Arguably he could go to a higher Championship club but you can only sell to those who put a firm bid in.

He did the right thing and agreed to the extension, he didn’t try and do what the other 2 last year did.  I have wondered that he agreed to the extension but had asked that if we didn’t go up he’d like to talk to clubs in a higher division.  Similar to Paul Goddard years ago, we’ve agreed to that.  No idea if that’s the case, just idle thoughts running through my brain.

Personally, I think he’s plateaued over the last couple of years.  He’s done well in patches but not set the world alight.  I think a change of scene will do him good.  Good luck to him if he goes.

I've seen people going only 2 million??

To put this in perspective Clowes bought Derby County all in for around 50 million, this would mean Knight for 2 million is 4% of the Football Clubs whole value, ground included. Take that in, 1 player for "pitiful!" 2 million has the same value as 4% of the whole Football Club.

Too many people pay attention to the Premier League and the insane transfers up there, where 2 million is peanuts but for us and where we are 2 million is a decent amount and should go far.

On a side note I'm actually happy we're selling players I though the Derby way was buy for millions and release on a free at the end of their contract.

Edited by Retro_RAM

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Local press to Bristol reporting its £1.75m for Knight and a low 6 figure sum for Wilson to cover their compensation costs from last summer to FGR

Said after Warnes verbal diarrhoea they'd probably increase their bid by 100k. 😃Spot on .  

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Said after Warnes verbal diarrhoea they'd probably increase their bid by 100k. 😃Spot on .  

The article says the the following;

“as the Robins squad flew to Austria last week for a training camp, technical director Brian Tinnion remained behind in Bristol to get the deal done.”

I take that as being that the people who negotiate the transfers (not Pearson and Warne) were doing so last week. The club has a valuation they set for Knight and Bristol have met that valuation. Regardless of what any of us fans think, the people in charge at Derby think it’s an acceptable amount. As mentioned the other day, I really don’t believe Warne saying what he did in a local press interview had any bearing on the transfer negotiations, I know you think otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

“as the Robins squad flew to Austria last week for a training camp, technical director Brian Tinnion remained behind in Bristol to get the deal done.”

I take that as being that the people who negotiate the transfers (not Pearson and Warne) were doing so last week. The club has a valuation they set for Knight and Bristol have met that valuation. Regardless of what any of us fans think, the people in charge at Derby think it’s an acceptable amount. As mentioned the other day, I really don’t believe Warne saying what he did in a local press interview had any bearing on the transfer negotiations, I know you think otherwise. 

Warne’s comments from last week’s video were clearly on the back of a deal 95% done.

3 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Warne’s comments from last week’s video were clearly on the back of a deal 95% done.

I agree. I suspect he knew the deal was nearly done, knew he wasn’t playing on Saturday and knew he wasn’t going to be on the plane today, but couldn’t say as much at the time.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

33 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Local press to Bristol reporting its £1.75m for Knight and a low 6 figure sum for Wilson to cover their compensation costs from last summer to FGR

Reminder that they have a vested interest in making it look like they got a better deal. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Extremely sad. 

When I say this, I have nothing against Bristol City as a club to any fans reading and mean no disrespect at all, despite Mr Poppadom over on their forum being an absolute end of a bell....I believe Knight can do a lot better.

Just to clarify, he can also do a lot better than League  1.

The lad should be either somewhere challenging for Premier League promotion or in the Premier League bottom half.

Give the lad his place in midfield, box to box, let him shine, don't abuse his willingness to play in every position giving it 100%.

In a year or two when Premier League clubs come sniffing you, which they will, one hell of a profit to be made from £2m.

What a player they are getting for £2m jeez.

Would like to think there's some kind of sell on fee, given his contract situation however I think it's unlikely.

The best compliment you can give him is, whenever he pulls on a shirt and crosses the white line, you can have no doubts at all he will be the hardest working player on the team, never giving anything less than 100%. 

Look after him 😢

I like him, as u say his energy is infectious.

A player that puts in that level of effort will always be loved by fans.

But (and this is under the caveat of that hes young with his best years ahead of him) but his prodcution is v average 

hes craig bryson without the goals and nigglyness. 

Hes not a rwb or rb .. we know, imo hes no where near good enough on the ball to considered the man in the hole, other that he can press, and press hard for 90 mins.

hes not a wide man as he neither possesses the pace or trickery to play there

his position is centrally where he can get a team up the pitch where he can get the ball on the turn and drive from deep.

Argubly a ball player like bird or CH can do that just by being a bit better on the ball though

sad to see him go but if it means we can bring in someone whos a better fit with production or who offers more obvious physical assets then ill be more than happy

reiterate the fact this is all in the knoweldge hes a good player for his age and will get a lot better 

its just right for all parties and wish him all the best and thank him for his services to our club

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Reminder that they have a vested interest in making it look like they got a better deal. 

From what I’ve read in the Bristol press Pearson’s probably packing Wilson’s bags as we speak!

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Obviously..

some just have an agenda though dont they