Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

10 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Knight & Twine? Almost the same age, similar position, target for championship clubs, fee comparison this year Vs last year so no massive inflation. What makes it irrelevant out of interest? Can you elaborate.

Many many Championship appearances, international starter, length of contract left

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Many many Championship appearances, international starter, length of contract left

Twine is English. Knight wouldn’t get in the England team so that isn’t a differentiator. And Knight never set the champ alight despite his appearances. Obviously I’m no scout so can’t vouch for one or the other having differing potential ceilings. But based on the information listed, I think it is fair to compare the two.

13 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Twine is English. Knight wouldn’t get in the England team so that isn’t a differentiator. And Knight never set the champ alight despite his appearances. Obviously I’m no scout so can’t vouch for one or the other having differing potential ceilings. But based on the information listed, I think it is fair to compare the two.

I would take twine over knight any day of the week 

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

.  He'd actually be better off here than Stoke, putting in a right shift for the season and getting us up. 

his form last season suggests otherwise. And he’ll have any number of fleas in his ear right now saying he should play championship again now. Seems right to me 

For us the question is how well we can use the sale proceeds. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

his form last season suggests otherwise. And he’ll have any number of fleas in his ear right now saying he should play championship again now. Seems right to me 

For us the question is how well we can use the sale proceeds. 

I'm not getting this with form.  He was excellent out of position behind NML Then he got an injury and when he came back he was very good in that unbeaten run. He missed a couple of headers is the only crime I can remember .  McGoldrick missed two open goals in those last few games when it was easier to head it in than miss.  Collins didn't get a header at all for most of the season.  He was one our most consistent performers last year and our team had half the drive and energy when he wasn't playing. 

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not getting this with form.  He was excellent out of position behind NML Then he got an injury and when he came back he was very good in that unbeaten run. He missed a couple of headers is the only crime I can remember .  McGoldrick missed two open goals in those last few games when it was easier to head it in than miss.  Collins didn't get a header at all for most of the season.  He was one our most consistent performers last year and our team had half the drive and energy when he wasn't playing. 

yes agree he did fine. But looser in possession last season than the season before I would say. Would like to see his mileage when in midfield - would think it was slightly down on the previous season 

Just now, DiggerB said:

New quote? Have you a link to the article? DL mobile site is awful to navigate.

It was shared earlier in this thread, it was from a post match interview he did with Irish press after their last international 

found it here too;

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/jason-knight-club-future-i-30282979.amp

I'm hoping Knight decides to stay 1 last season. Sign a 2 year deal and if we go up, he extends..  if not, we let him go. 

Is Stoke a good move for him? No. or at the least not permanently. 

Bristol City? I don't see the attraction for him there.

If it was Leicester in for him, then definitely, by all means go. But the teams mentioned above? People can say what they want but I can imagine most players would rather be at Derby than Stoke or Bristol City imo.

If Knight did want to give it one more year to see if we go up or not, then I'm sure the contract could be structured fairly.

A year extension with an extra year triggered upon promotion. Insert a release clause for less than we'd probably get if we sold him now, so he knows that all being well, there *should* be more offers on the table next year for him if we're still in League One. The release clause would become applicable at the end of the 2023/24 season if we don't get promotion, if we do, the release clause never becomes active and Knight will be under contract to us until 2026 then.

Edited by Kernow

Happy if he stays as he’s a very useful player and he sounds positive about our future, which is a good sign. But also understand if he wanted to move on. 

Unfortunately I don’t think we’d get what we’d hope for him, £2.5m looks optimistic in the current market, sadly.