Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Hope there's an option to sign Jeffcott, I really rate him.

Should be available on a free at the end of the season. However, we'll have Moloney, Gough and Gill looking for regular football in that LB1 spot for the U21s next season. He's also 2 years old, so should be playing regular men's football next season.

Can we have confirmation that last nights team was:

a) the strongest possible full stop

or

b) the strongest available on the night taking into account injuries, first team requirements , moods, arguments with the girlfriend, arguments with the boyfriend, whether they can do it in a wet Monday in Loughborough 

We were so much better than them at set pieces it was pretty laughable. Every corner we had looked like we might score. Thought the sending off looked a tad harsh based on limited replays and angles. They had a couple of handy attacking players with pace which we improved on dealing with as the first half grew on.

20 minutes ago, tinman said:

Can we have confirmation that last nights team was:

a) the strongest possible full stop

or

b) the strongest available on the night taking into account injuries, first team requirements , moods, arguments with the girlfriend, arguments with the boyfriend, whether they can do it in a wet Monday in Loughborough 

To be fair, a number of U21s were missing from the squad. Evans, Cox, DRobinson, Bates. I expect Cox and DRobinson to be in the first team squad tonight.
I believe Bardell, Radcliffe, Lindsay and Davidson are currently injured. Johnson too if you want to include him
Oduroh, Gibson-Hammond, Nunn and Oseni are out on loan.
KRobinson, McAndrew, Allen and Wheeldon are still more U18 than U21, but will have increased game time in the U21s in the 2nd half of the season.

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, a number of U21s were missing from the squad. Evans, Cox, DRobinson, Bates. I expect Cox and DRobinson to be in the first team squad tonight.
I believe Bardell, Radcliffe, Lindsay and Davidson are currently injured. Johnson too if you want to include him
Oduroh, Gibson-Hammond, Nunn and Oseni are out on loan.
KRobinson, McAndrew, Allen and Wheeldon are still more U18 than U21, but will have increased game time in the U21s in the 2nd half of the season.

I was trying to work out who was missing. Thanks, GOC.