Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

I was hoping us charging £20 against Wigan might have set the trend. Apparently not! 

That was deemed a cat C game as was the opener last season to get the ground filled up.

Our home game against Bolton will most likely be a cat A game which means we will be charging them £28.

West and East stand will be £32.

Just now, Foreveram said:

That was deemed a cat C game as was the opener last season to get the ground filled up.

Our home game against Bolton will most likely be a cat A game which means we will be charging them £28.

West and East stand will be £32.

It's not good, is it?

I'm not sure why there is so many people annoyed at the Bolton prices, £30 is on the expensive side but it's not egregious. I've seen people make comment that Premier League is capped at £30 so we should be a lot cheaper - understand the logic but it's important to remember that people aren't going Derby games based on the value of their tickets. It's also important to remember that clubs at this level aren't getting funded to the tune of £150m a year from TV rights and sponsorship money so that money does go a long way. 

The only time I felt I had paid an egregious amount for a football game was Norwich away in 2015 where tickets were £40 - that was bad. Peterborough were able to charge £28 to no outcry so not sure why £2 extra has got people's knickers in a twist. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not sure why there is so many people annoyed at the Bolton prices, £30 is on the expensive side but it's not egregious. I've seen people make comment that Premier League is capped at £30 so we should be a lot cheaper - understand the logic but it's important to remember that people aren't going Derby games based on the value of their tickets. It's also important to remember that clubs at this level aren't getting funded to the tune of £150m a year from TV rights and sponsorship money so that money does go a long way. 

The only time I felt I had paid an egregious amount for a football game was Norwich away in 2015 where tickets were £40 - that was bad. Peterborough were able to charge £28 to no outcry so not sure why £2 extra has got people's knickers in a twist. 

I think it's the 3 at the beginning of the number - it's psychological! 

Also the concessions at Peterborough are much better with a bigger price reduction. Age 23 and under £19, under 18 £10.

Bolton are charging £25 and £19 for the same categories. It's a lot for families. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I think it's the 3 at the beginning of the number - it's psychological! 

Also the concessions at Peterborough are much better with a bigger price reduction. Age 23 and under £19, under 18 £10.

Bolton are charging £25 and £19 for the same categories. It's a lot for families.

I don’t usually look at concessions but agree that’s important, for example: by all means charge £30 for an adult ticket but reduce it for under 18s considerably so that families aren’t priced out. It becomes expensive when you’ve got to pay £19 for each child you take with you. 

I would also try and introduce a category between 17-20 rather than 18 and below. I think the below makes more sense. 

Adult - £30
65+ & 20-23 - £22.50
17-20 - £15
16 & below - £10

17 hours ago, angieram said:

Oxford fans paying £16 at Pride Park tomorrow night. Good value, that.

They are grateful as well, they advise their own clubs to take note. 
our  fans will get stung away from home again this season as we are a big fish in their budgets.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They are grateful as well, they advise their own clubs to take note. 
our  fans will get stung away from home again this season as we are a big fish in their budgets.

Hopefully not by the Clubs we offer good prices to ourselves.

I think there are usually reciprocal agreements in place where prices are more modest, but we will see!

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think there are usually reciprocal agreements in place where prices are more modest, but we will see!

I hope there are reciprocal agreements in place, otherwise we aren’t really helping ourselves are we. Other clubs fill their boots when we are in town and we make a pittance affecting our budget. Look at tonight - 1000 away fans at £16. Charge them £25, still reasonable, and that’s another £9000. Extrapolated over a season and could be another player’s wages? I know it’s not quite that simple but think of the additional income Bolton will be making charging 5000 Derby fans £10 more than they should. Fine margins. If money is as tight as is being indicated can we afford to take the moral high ground on away ticket prices, despite how laudable it is and how much we all agree with it. 

Personally I think ticket prices should be reasonable so applaud us but would only do it if it was a reciprocal arrangement is in place.

Something I have picked up on but not seen it announced anywhere.

You can’t just make up ticket prices for away fans, you can only charge them at a rate equivalent to home fans in a similar area.

Away fans at Pride Park are in the corner and so are charged at the same rates as our corners which depending on the category of the game are £28, £24, or £20.

This season appears to have changed and we are charging away fans at the same rate as behind the goal, hence the £20 we charged Wigan for a cat B game and the £16 we are charging Oxford and Fleetwood for cat C games.

It will be nice if these prices are reciprocated, if not it seems to be an unnecessary revenue loss.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Anyway, plenty of tickets available for Bolton, got mine! 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

I think my son and Grandson want to go to this, so I’m waiting till it’s all members, can’t see them selling out before then🤞🏻.

Very unlikely to sell out before reaching general sale given the number available and the price I would have thought.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Pretty sure only Barnsley officially reciprocated , £20.