Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

On 07/08/2023 at 20:43, Brailsford Ram said:

No they don't on the North Terrace, they just mix in together and so far everything has just been fine. That's why Burton are always happy to sell to Derby fans. The Burton fans can be quite vociferous as they like to pretend there is some sort of local rivalry but the Rams fans just ignore them as some sort of noisy neighbours.

Coincidentally for this forum, the only club that Burton increase security for is Grimsby because historically they have tried to cause trouble at the Pirelli. Burton people also find they smell of dead codheads and don't want to mingle with them; they pollute the local atmosphere.

You were wrong. The first block in the North Stand near the away fans is all Derby. COYR.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

You were wrong. The first block in the North Stand near the away fans is all Derby. COYR.

Glad that made your day. The performance made mine. And the other 90% of the North Terrace was 50-50 Burton and Derby.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

On 25/07/2023 at 12:19, angieram said:

Crackers!

First it wouldn't let us buy two seats, even with linked fan IDs. Then we bought two seats, all done. 

Now the Club has phoned us, those seats were bought twice (how is that even possible?) and we have had to move several rows forward! Hobson's choice - move or no tickets. 

The seating is almost sold out, just a couple of seats in the rows near the front. 

Thought I'd look up and work  out who was sitting in the seats I thought I'd bought for Burton but "just been beaten to it by a fraction of a second" according to the duplicitous ticket office assistant who rang me.

Turns out it was Mr and Mrs Cashin senior, so I said hello to them! 

But why do the Club feel the need to lie to us? Why not just say they'd made a mistake and forgot to reserve the friends and family tickets in the first place? 

@B4ev6is's dad had the same issue. Don't know who was in their seats! 

When I posted the photo earlier  I'd no idea I'd captured Bradders and Bucko in the background. They were great sports, starting the bounce and chatting to supporters.

39 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Glad that made your day. The performance made mine. And the other 90% of the North Terrace was 50-50 Burton and Derby.

It didn’t make my day, I just wanted to point out that, as expected, a good number of Derby fans did congregate together. So anyone with concerns about having to mingle with the locals was unfounded. No need to be defensive.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It didn’t make my day, I just wanted to point out that, as expected, a good number of Derby fans did congregate together. So anyone with concerns about having to mingle with the locals was unfounded. No need to be defensive.

Not being defensive at all. With sixty years of experience of visiting Eton Park and the Pirelli with Derby County and mingling with the locals I've never had cause to have any concerns at all. It's always been a very cordial experience as it was today; that's perhaps why Burton are more than happy to sell to Derby fans in the home end. It's perfectly safe. I was in the Great Northern before the match where, as usual, both sets of supporters mixed cordially and exchanged good football conversation. That might seem strange to you and if you feel the need to introduce a fear factor so be it. Is Tamworth more hostile than Burton perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Not being defensive at all. With sixty years of experience of visiting Eton Park and the Pirelli with Derby County and mingling with the locals I've never had cause to have any concerns at all. It's always been a very cordial experience as it was today; that's perhaps why Burton are more than happy to sell to Derby fans in the home end. It's perfectly safe. I was in the Great Northern before the match where, as usual, both sets of supporters mixed cordially and exchanged good football conversation. That might seem strange to you and if you feel the need to introduce a fear factor so be it. Is Tamworth more hostile than Burton perhaps?

It wasn’t me that introduced the fear factor. I was originally responding to someone else that had expressed displeasure of standing/sitting with the locals. I was reassuring them that they need not worry at Burton. Regarding Tamworth, I think it probably is a tad more hostile than Burton but I’ve only been to the ground once recently (last year) and not as a visiting supporter. A game last season against Nuneaton had to be abandoned due to crowd trouble. Probably morons from both towns.