Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

Reading have announced they have moved away fans to the South West Upper. That way they skirt EFL regs whereby they have to charge away fans the same as home fans when in the same part of a stand. They will now be charging visiting fans more...

Twenty is plenty...

28 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Reading have announced they have moved away fans to the South West Upper. That way they skirt EFL regs whereby they have to charge away fans the same as home fans when in the same part of a stand. They will now be charging visiting fans more...

Twenty is plenty...

Well our fixture is bound to be on a Tuesday night ! 
I can only see Oxford being a big game for them at home so a high price for the average 500 away fans in this league is optimistic I would suggest 

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Twenty is plenty...

I’m not sure that will be the case.

According to EFL rules visiting fans can only be charged the same as “accommodation that is ranked as comparable or inferior to that used by supporters of the home club or next highest ranked accommodation…..” According to EFL rules again, corners are ranked the lowest. Therefore, I reckon we shouldn’t be charge more than either their lowest prices or, at worst, the same as behind the touch line (the next rank up from the corners).

I reckon they have just done it in order to move visiting supporters to an area of the ground with a slightly poorer view and so that they can put home fans behind both goals. Same as we did when visiting fans were moved out of the South Stand. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure that will be the case.

According to EFL rules visiting fans can only be charged the same as “accommodation that is ranked as comparable or inferior to that used by supporters of the home club or next highest ranked accommodation…..” According to EFL rules again, corners are ranked the lowest. Therefore, I reckon we shouldn’t be charge more than either their lowest prices or, at worst, the same as behind the touch line (the next rank up from the corners).

I reckon they have just done it in order to move visiting supporters to an area of the ground with a slightly poorer view and so that they can put home fans behind both goals. Same as we did when visiting fans were moved out of the South Stand. 

As they’ll probably get even less fans than they already did, it’s probably to push them together and pay for less stewards, if I was being cynical. 

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Twenty is plenty...

That is were you are wrong if they offering cheaper tickets to home fans they have to do the same for away fans as well.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

According to EFL rules again, corners are ranked the lowest.

That can't be right... our stadium prices are lowest behind each goal, with corners being more expensive.

Just now, Carnero said:

That can't be right... our stadium prices are lowest behind each goal, with corners being more expensive.

Sorry. My bad. It just says “taking regard of” and corners is the last thing listed to consider. (That’ll teach me to read it properly).

So we may be charged the same as home supporters in the other corners or possibly the same as along as along the sides. In any event, I still think their primary driver for the change is to tuck away fans into the corner rather than to just charge them more.

29 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

My info came from Reading fans... 

Perhaps Reading fans are as much ITK as we like to think we are 😀. Might be worth keeping an eye on as I can’t see any specific mention of which stand you’re in.

35.3.8  No Club shall charge higher admission prices for visiting supporters for accommodation that is ranked as comparable with or inferior to that used by supporters of the Home Club in the same or next highest ranked accommodation. For the purposes of this Regulation, accommodation shall be allocated a ranking as indicated by the table below (where 1 represents the best available and 6 the lowest) having regard to the following criteria:

(a)  Covered seating;

(b)  Uncovered seating;

(c)  Covered terracing;

(d)  Uncovered terracing;

(e)  Behind the touchline;

(f)  Behind the goal line; and

(g)  In the corners of the stadium (i.e. behind both the touchline and the goal line).

Note, there is a table as well but this didn’t copy and paste very well.