Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

7 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I saw the ‘highlights’ yesterday and found it very frustrating seeing empty seats in the away end when it was a sell out. Was it the usual muppets just drinking in the concourses during the game, standing in the aisles or no shows. Frustrating having an away membership you can never use and seeing empty seats. 

Quite why i would want to go away from home at the moment I can’t really say but still! 

No trains from Matlock and the train to Birmingham was cancelled. My lad had a ticket but couldn’t get and it was too late to make alternative arrangements.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

I wasn't there yesterday but there are always a number of away fans arrive late, leave early both half and full time, up and down for numerous loo breaks, stand down at the front in the way of the disabled fans or congregate on the stairs at the back of the stands.

Stewards do little or nothing to put them right because they are gobby drugged/drunk little shites who care for nobody but themselves.

You've only got to look at the profile of the ones chanting at Warne after the game and you get the idea.

Spot on Ang , some of our away support makes me ashamed to be a Ram

13 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Seems to be a lot of telling others how to be a fan lately. I don’t get away loads but I won’t be criticising people for drinking too many beers or watching in the concourse. Even toilet breaks being mentioned!

It’s hardly supporting the team if fans spend most of the game in the concourse but the real problem is how some behave when they’re in the stand. That’s not telling folk how to be a fan it’s just asking them to behave like a reasonable human being.

28 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Seems to be a lot of telling others how to be a fan lately. I don’t get away loads but I won’t be criticising people for drinking too many beers or watching in the concourse. Even toilet breaks being mentioned!

I will.

I had a run-in with one of our 'fans' a few years ago at Birmingham - I remonstrated with him for throwing a pint of beer over me on the concourse - he then assaulted me and threatened my wife.

I've never been to another away game from that day forth, basically because we have a number of thugs who label themselves 'supporters' - and an awful lot of people who turn the other way because they "won't be criticising people...".

10 hours ago, angieram said:

I wasn't there yesterday but there are always a number of away fans arrive late, leave early both half and full time, up and down for numerous loo breaks, stand down at the front in the way of the disabled fans or congregate on the stairs at the back of the stands.

Stewards do little or nothing to put them right because they are gobby drugged/drunk little shites who care for nobody but themselves.

You've only got to look at the profile of the ones chanting at Warne after the game and you get the idea.

It's not just limited to football though, was at an international T20 game recently and one guy a few rows down from me spent half the match glued to his mobile phone. Why bother going at all?

Halfway through the game he caught a six straight on his head which unsurprisingly he didn't see coming as he was scrolling through Facebook or whatever and had to be taken out by the St John's. 

Am sure theres a moral in there somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's not just limited to football though, was at an international T20 game recently and one guy a few rows down from me spent half the match glued to his mobile phone. Why bother going at all?

Halfway through the game he caught a six straight on his head which unsurprisingly he didn't see coming as he was scrolling through Facebook or whatever and had to be taken out by the St John's. 

Am sure theres a moral in there somewhere. 

Don’t go to watch cricket 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

I will.

I had a run-in with one of our 'fans' a few years ago at Birmingham - I remonstrated with him for throwing a pint of beer over me on the concourse - he then assaulted me and threatened my wife.

I've never been to another away game from that day forth, basically because we have a number of thugs who label themselves 'supporters' - and an awful lot of people who turn the other way because they "won't be criticising people...".

You know my feelings on drink and drink at games , im fine around people who enjoy a drink without getting larey either verbally or physically but not the idiots who can’t behave with a drink in them and I hate the drink throwing bolox 

Edited by Archied