Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

I ducking hope Collins scores and shuts up some of the vile, primitive nobs on here that masquerade as fans. Just find someone to hate why don’t you. He scored in The last preseason, he hit double figures last season in a make shift team. He isn’t a genius but he’s a good lad and doesn’t deserve the total garbage coming form some quarters 

15 minutes ago, sage said:

It is pre-season but poor apart from Bird and Vickers.

We look slow and ponderous.

Dobra looks good for them 

Robinson out of his depth and would have been sent off in a league game 

Not for the first challenge and would he have made the others if it wasn't a friendly. I think he's getting around the pitch well and showing for the ball.

Just now, jono said:

I ducking hope Collins scores and shuts up some of the vile, primitive nobs on here that masquerade as fans. Just find someone to hate why don’t you. He scored in The last preseason, he hit double figures last season in a make shift team. He isn’t a genius but he’s a good lad and doesn’t deserve the total garbage coming form some quarters 

Oh come on. He's a bloody ordinary centre forward with very little to commend him, he almost asks for the bad comments. Go on think of some good ones for him - he can't hold up the ball, he doesn't head it well, he closes down after the fact, he's got little football brains...etc. Not our fault he signed for us, he's doing his best.

16 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Why do fans watch these games, they are training sessions, for fitness and sharpness more than anything else.

In my opinion it was far better in the eighties when these were all played behind closed doors and fans hadn't given up before pre season was done..

Likewise then, don’t read the thread!

5 minutes ago, jono said:

He is also the best we have currently in a very difficult market 👍

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on. He's a bloody ordinary centre forward with very little to commend him, he almost asks for the bad comments. Go on think of some good ones for him - he can't hold up the ball, he doesn't head it well, he closes down after the fact, he's got little football brains...etc. Not our fault he signed for us, he's doing his best.

You can’t knock Collins for his commitment and effort but everything RoyMac5 writes above is  unfortunately accurate. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Agree, have hardly seen anything vile either.

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We're in the middle of some serious pre season training and team building,  yet some fans are expecting us to be the finished article!

They might just be expecting to see a team shape and pattern of play they can see working once the players do get fit.

Shaun Barker said a couple of times that we need to settle down a bit and put 5-6 passes together, to stop it being a scrappy....  he's going to be disappointed, because that isn't how we play!

4 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Chesterfield are in the same boat.  I'd expect us to look better than them at the very least.

To be fair they're coming off the back of a good season with a settled squad, and unlike us their patterns of play have been set for a long while 

17 minutes ago, jono said:

Good luck waiting for that pal