Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Slowly as in around 2,200 sold.

I'm really quite sad that more people aren't making the effort for Fozzy.

Okay, distance, holidays etc I understand but the "It’s only a friendly" mantra shouldn't really apply here.

It's about recognising ten years' service from a model pro who has always given his all for the club, fought his way back from three serious injuries. He's a nice guy too.

We're taking more to Matlock, fgs! 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm really quite sad that more people aren't making the effort for Fozzy.

Okay, distance, holidays etc I understand but the "It’s only a friendly" mantra shouldn't really apply here.

It's about recognising ten years' service from a model pro who has always given his all for the club, fought his way back from three serious injuries. He's a nice guy too.

We're taking more to Matlock, fgs! 

And probably Chesterfield.

The only thing with the home games, people know they aren’t going to sell out so they can just pay on the day or get tickets just before.

Just have a thought for Fozzy's committee - they are going to be very disheartened if more tickets aren't sold prior to the day of the event.

It doesn't help with stewarding or refreshments either. Don't moan when the queues are horrendous because there's only one kiosk open.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just have a thought for Fozzy's committee - they are going to be very disheartened if more tickets aren't sold prior to the day of the event.

It doesn't help with stewarding or refreshments either. Don't moan when the queues are horrendous because there's only one kiosk open.

It’s not ideal, but the idea to have a pre-season game against Stoke as the testimonial was simply a very bad idea.

It’s usually a game where old favourites get a run out again, etc, so I’m not surprised by the lack of interest and neither should the club or Foz. Not one he should take to heart. Stoke at home is one of the most uninspiring fixtures the club could’ve picked too. 

I can’t go, but not sure I would even if I could. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It’s not ideal, but the idea to have a pre-season game against Stoke as the testimonial was simply a very bad idea.

It’s usually a game where old favourites get a run out again, etc, so I’m not surprised by the lack of interest and neither should the club or Foz. Not one he should take to heart. Stoke at home is one of the most uninspiring fixtures the club could’ve picked too. 

I can’t go, but not sure I would even if I could. 

Surely they could even have pulled in enough old Derby players from around the County if there was an 'emergency' that upset the planning? I just don't see that a game against Stoke with nothing in the way of celebration of Fozzy's past team-mates is any kind of draw.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Surely they could even have pulled in enough old Derby players from around the County if there was an 'emergency' that upset the planning? I just don't see that a game against Stoke with nothing in the way of celebration of Fozzy's past team-mates is any kind of draw.

Completely agree.

A current team versus a blast of the past players even if held towards the end of the season would be more appropriate and something I would support.

The reality is - 95% of fans probably don't even realise ticket sales are going to his fund, not to the club. 

The difference with organising a fixture against old players is it doesn't fit into the Club's ideas of fitness and preparation for a new season.

Would have to be done at the other end of the season when players are jaded and often unavailable as they're rushing off to Dubai, Dundee or Cleethorpes, depending on who is making the arrangements! 

Just now, rammieib said:

Completely agree.

A current team versus a blast of the past players even if held towards the end of the season would be more appropriate and something I would support.

The reality is - 95% of fans probably don't even realise ticket sales are going to his fund, not to the club. 

Why, can't they read? It's been very well publicised, I'll give them that.

All I hear from fans is excuses, when really, they could put themselves out for one 90 minutes for a player that's served the Club for ten years.

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

The difference with organising a fixture against old players is it doesn't fit into the Club's ideas of fitness and preparation for a new season.

Would have to be done at the other end of the season when players are jaded and often unavailable as they're rushing off to Dubai, Dundee or Cleethorpes, depending on who is making the arrangements! 

Why not it's no different from a training exercise? They won't be spending every day of pre-season playing competitive matches? None of the fans would really be expecting much more than a mildly competitive kick around.