Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Isn't it called summer?

The piece talks about temperatures "around 23-25 degrees" which actually sounds pretty chilly to me, but maybe that's because I'm in London town and Matlock is practically in the Arctic wastes?

The forecast is for lots of rain tomorrow.

Another example of fans being an afterthought.

Chesterfield have opened up the previously not for sale front two rows, so anyone buying seats on the third row thinking they would be able to sit with an uninterrupted view will be losing out once again.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Another example of fans being an afterthought.

Chesterfield have opened up the previously not for sale front two rows, so anyone buying seats on the third row thinking they would be able to sit with an uninterrupted view will be losing out once again.

They sometimes cover the first 2 rows of both the away end and kop, they are close to the pitch and it helps with policing. I don't know why they've reversed it, maybe ticket sales have dwindled to the point that they're weighing up the risk of opening them against the expense of opening another stand

1 hour ago, chezzyram said:

They sometimes cover the first 2 rows of both the away end and kop, they are close to the pitch and it helps with policing. I don't know why they've reversed it, maybe ticket sales have dwindled to the point that they're weighing up the risk of opening them against the expense of opening another stand

There was only about 120 tickets left, now about 290 left with 12 days to go. I would think they would sell the majority of them pre match, which means they will have to open another stand for walk ups or accept away fans in the home end.

The alternative is to make it all ticket.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's the weather going to be like, rainy here dahn sarf, any chance of it being off?

Zero chance it will be off. It’s just super humid, sun is out at the moment. One of those days where there’s rain and storms about but it may hit, it may not. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Zero chance it will be off. It’s just super humid, sun is out at the moment. One of those days where there’s rain and storms about but it may hit, it may not. 

Cheers. I'll sign up for RamsTV then.

Getting the train in, just deciding whether to jump on the first one available or have a drink in Derby first. That's assuming they're running!

Can't remember what pubs I actually liked in Matlock last time I went. Remarkable Hare possibly. Bod is a Titanic Brewery cafe/bar

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Getting the train in, just deciding whether to jump on the first one available or have a drink in Derby first.

Can't remember what pubs I actually liked in Matlock last time I went. Remarkable Hare possibly 

You could get off in Matlock Bath first, have one at the Fishpond, Old Bank etc. then go to Matlock and jump in Remarkable Hare (or their next door venue which is more for just drinking), Monk Bar or Red Lion. Very good day out on the train that. 

13 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Slow bus means I'm in Derby for another hour so probably won't stop along the way now but thanks for the suggestions/reminders. Maybe I'll call in on the way back (but I might be too posed to want to seeing as I'm already on the 6 percenters)

Better to get there asap than find they've cancelled the later train through lack of drivers or some such. Who can rely on the trains these days.