Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

So did I and 'hoof ball' was not the phrase that came to mind when watching Derby play. I'm not saying that we played amazing every game because we didn't. But at times we played some great stuff particularly in that middle part of the season I thought we looked really good. This idea that under Warne we're going to pumping it long every game is just utter nonsense and to be honest a lot of it is football snobbery.

Football snobbery in from some elements of our fanbase????????

image.jpeg.926958ebee73e159d85450d2c362873d.jpeg

Watched the playoff final. There was very little quality, buts lots of energy, physicality and aggression. Both sides put a premium on being hard to beat, giving nought away. I could see how they finished in the top six., probably scoring a decent amount of goals from set pieces, managing the ref well, particular Wendies at home. Peterborough we’re the only side to play football in the playoffs but still had physicality where it mattered and we’re ultimately done by a Homer ref who can’t count down 6 mins of Fergie time.

That is what Derby has lacked for years, we’re always the 5’6” medium paced gang who can reportedly caress the ball, if only the likes of Fleetwood would let us. I could have cried when we signed Harvey White to sit in middle with those hairy arsed bruisers Hourihane and Bird. We certainly need more physicality, more pace and height, a set piece and ball over the top threat. And the ability to run box to box for 90 mins. We want other teams to look at our guys and think I don’t fancy this today. Fleetwood came to our place, saw our team of midgets and clearly thought I fancy this today. That was the beginning of the end of our season.

Easy to say, hard to do under the challenging circumstances of the last few years, especially marrying the energy with the quality needed to put the ball in the net. Be interesting to see what Warne can do now with some shackles off. Hope we can keep Didz, suspect he’s hanging out to see what the best offer will be, and that will not be in League 2. 

Edited by Matchday Fred

7 hours ago, Matchday Fred said:

Watched the playoff final. There was very little quality, buts lots of energy, physicality and aggression. Both sides put a premium on being hard to beat, giving nought away. I could see how they finished in the top six., probably scoring a decent amount of goals from set pieces, managing the ref well, particular Wendies at home. Peterborough we’re the only side to play football in the playoffs but still had physicality where it mattered and we’re ultimately done by a Homer ref who can’t count down 6 mins of Fergie time.

That is what Derby has lacked for years, we’re always the 5’6” medium paced gang who can reportedly caress the ball, if only the likes of Fleetwood would let us. I could have cried when we signed Harvey White to sit in middle with those hairy arsed bruisers Hourihane and Bird. We certainly need more physicality, more pace and height, a set piece and ball over the top threat. And the ability to run box to box for 90 mins. We want other teams to look at our guys and think I don’t fancy this today. Fleetwood came to our place, saw our team of midgets and clearly thought I fancy this today. That was the beginning of the end of our season.

Easy to say, hard to do under the challenging circumstances of the last few years, especially marrying the energy with the quality needed to put the ball in the net. Be interesting to see what Warne can do now with some shackles off. Hope we can keep Didz, suspect he’s hanging out to see what the best offer will be, and that will not be in League 2. 

It is certainly interesting to watch other teams and see how they gain success. Gary Rowett got us in the Championship play-offs but was castigated for his style of play . Rosenior took stick for playing out from the back. We are going to have to see what Warne comes up with. As for rumours - Why would Roberts want to play at home in front of 10k fans , even if it’s in a higher league?

3 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Looks like all our supposed targets gone elsewhere, lets hope all the rumours are wrong cause it looks pretty bleak so far. Early days though.

watch out tomsdub you will get abused all day for daring to suggest things don't look rosey such is the way of this place

4 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Looks like all our supposed targets gone elsewhere, lets hope all the rumours are wrong cause it looks pretty bleak so far. Early days though.

Rumours are just that. So far, in limited sample size, rumours haven’t got out. We heard about Springett the same day it happened in January, for example. We have a new head of recruitment, a new regime entirely this season. Couple that with being the biggest name in the league, our name will drive clicks and serve agents well too. 

Just chill out. There’s loads of time. This talk of it being “pretty bleak” when literally nothing has happened either positively or negatively is so pointless. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Rumours are just that. So far, in limited sample size, rumours haven’t got out. We heard about Springett the same day it happened in January, for example. We have a new head of recruitment, a new regime entirely this season. Couple that with being the biggest name in the league, our name will drive clicks and serve agents well too. 

Just chill out. There’s loads of time. This talk of it being “pretty bleak” when literally nothing has happened either positively or negatively is so pointless. 

I'm pretty chill, I just yearn for a season where we go in feeling like we aren't fighting all the odds with an air of positivity. Been a trying few years.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I'm pretty chill, I just yearn for a season where we go in feeling like we aren't fighting all the odds with an air of positivity. Been a trying few years.

You may well get that, the close season has barely started. Play offs were only a week or so ago, Champions League final hasn't happened yet! Revisit your thoughts in mid July.

21 minutes ago, alram said:

watch out tomsdub you will get abused all day for daring to suggest things don't look rosey such is the way of this place

If you count rationale arguments, suggesting counter points to your own, backed up with logic, facts, and information out there in the public domain as abuse I wholeheartedly apologise for trying to help you see some of the potential positives in our current circumstance. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Big sell on fees means a lot less up front. We need money now to get out of this pub league.

It can be both; “the fee to buy the player is x amount and we would like to include a clause that guarantees us x percent of any future transfer fee/profit” 

Nowhere is it determined as being one or the other.