Summer Rumour Mill

sage

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Charlton and Reading are two that spring to mind.

Looking at Reading - Andy Carroll is clearly a good striker. 9 championship goals is a pretty solid return from last season. Is prone to an injury though. James Collins had a better league one minutes per goal than Sam Smith last season. Azeez and Knibbs don't contribute with too many goals.

Clearly Alfie May is a good striker at this level off the back of a great season. Leaburn is pretty decent too. Aneke has had a few good seasons at league one before, though not so good in more recent years. 

With Collins looking in good form in preseason, with Washington and Mendez-Laing I think we've got a pretty competitive front line. If we get one or two more arguably we have more goals in our attack. 

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Smith picked up what was described as a potential long-term thigh injury yesterday, their recent signings might be getting de-registered and apparently Savage Snr and Jr aren’t too happy that the ‘vision’ sold to young Charlie to persuade him to move from Man U might not be all it was made out to be. Apparently they’ll be playing a fair few kids.

https://rdg.today/we-are-not-ready-ruben-selles-admits-reading-fcs-shortcomings-ahead-of-season-opener/

Edited by DiggerB

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Reading ? You do know Smith has a bad injury and will be out for months ? That leaves Carroll as an out and out forward. Knibbs and Wing are wingers and Wing 
Plus other  signings could be de registered as well if they don’t pay HMRC and wages. 

1 minute ago, DiggerB said:

Smith picked up what was described as a potential long-term thigh injury yesterday, their recent signings might be getting de-registered and apparently Savage Snr and Jr aren’t too happy that the ‘vision’ sold to young Charlie to persuade him to move from Man U might not be all it was made out to be. Apparently they’ll be playing a fair few kids.

Sound familiar ?

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Looking at Reading - Andy Carroll is clearly a good striker. 9 championship goals is a pretty solid return from last season. Is prone to an injury though. James Collins had a better league one minutes per goal than Sam Smith last season. Azeez and Knibbs don't contribute with too many goals.

Clearly Alfie May is a good striker at this level off the back of a great season. Leaburn is pretty decent too. Aneke has had a few good seasons at league one before, though not so good in more recent years. 

With Collins looking in good form in preseason, with Washington and Mendez-Laing I think we've got a pretty competitive front line. If we get one or two more arguably we have more goals in our attack. 

Yep, I had a look at both and wasn’t too fussed about Reading, barring Carroll who as you say is difficult to keep fit.

Charlton have a decent mix of strikers, but if May can’t transfer his form over to his new club then they have a promising youngster in Leaburn and a very hit or miss player in Aneke, they may not be as strong as we think.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They have been worse offenders than we ever were on the financial front. The *only* difference is that their owner didn't simply give up and wash his hands of the club like ours did. At least not yet.

I’ve lost count of how many times they’ve failed to pay the players…….four or five?

They haven’t fallen into administration, but they aren’t half ducking everyone around and the EFL are pussy footing around them allowing them to sign players when they can’t even pay them!

🤬

To put a positive spin on the players we have signed, they don't look like the kind of lads who will let any opposition take the piss. 

Nelson seems to have a combative edge to him and Bradley seems a bit of a poohouse in him. Last season I reckon we were a bit soft at times, can't see that happening much next season.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Sam Smith has a long term injury and Carroll hasnt really had a pre season due to injury. I don't fancy Reading given there ongoing issues and lack of players.

Charlton seem to have recruited well, but lets see I don't think we have the worst forward line in L1. 

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

Sam Smith has a long term injury and Carroll hasnt really had a pre season due to injury. I don't fancy Reading given there ongoing issues and lack of players.

Charlton seem to have recruited well, but lets see I don't think we have the worst forward line in L1. 

And I think we have one of the best defensive units,at least on paper. We don't need to score 4 every week if we're bloody hard to score against.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta