Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

If we pack our team with older players who struggled in the championship, what do we do if we’re promoted?

Don’t we end up paying over the odds again because everyone knows we’re desperate?

We do what many other promoted teams do, scrub them as free agents or by accepting what ever low bid we can get.

Examples:

Ipswich, 8 players left the club.

Plymouth Argyle, 11 players left the club.

Sheffield wednesday, 6 players left the club.

Then we rebuild the team, but we would have a full transfer budget if this season, we are promoted.

Zero chance I'd want to see Washington or collins trying to win us games in the championship.

Warnes not got a great record in the Championship, but at least he's been there. He knows what's required to get the team performing well in the Championship.

Once in the Championship its difficult to obtain a promotion play off because of all the demoted teams from the Premier league who for several seasons received payments for having been in the Premier league, to give them the best chance of promotion.

Edited by Oldben
Add content

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

For what it's worth I think Washington might be a bit of a dark horse in terms of the impact he could have. The kind of pressing and physicality we'll get up too can bring others in to play. He might not get 20 himself but if everyone around him scores more often then it's not a problem in my view.

Washington got 5/35 for Rotherham. But don’t forget , like McGoldrick he is dropping down a league. He left school to become a postman and has played for many clubs to get to where he is now. He could help midfield players to get goals . Can you see Bird and Hourihane getting 10 each?

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I genuinely had a dream last night that we signed Brannigan from Oxford United.

I do still believe we will be trying to sign Billy Sharp, I have a feeling he is the striker Warne reffered to when he said 6 or 7 other clubs are trying to get too.

I saw my mate the other day who follows Sheffield United since forever and he still says that Sharp is excellent in the box but can’t use his legs to run anymore - based on what everyone says about Warne that would disqualify sharp from an option 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Brighton, a club in Europe, do not want Eiran Cashin. As much as I love the lad, that’s just silly. 

Well they brought Clarke from Portsmouth a league one club who was never going to play for them when they had stacks of centre half’s and loaned him out for three seasons and then sold him whilst making plenty of money doing it. From a buisness point of view buying Cashin makes perfect sense to them.

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Washington got 5/35 for Rotherham. But don’t forget , like McGoldrick he is dropping down a league. He left school to become a postman and has played for many clubs to get to where he is now. He could help midfield players to get goals . Can you see Bird and Hourihane getting 10 each?

Apart from hourihane our midfielders lacked goals. Bird should be getting 7 + a season.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Brighton, a club in Europe, do not want Eiran Cashin. As much as I love the lad, that’s just silly. 

They have signed a few cbs from championship and league one last few years for the future. I’d probably take 4m and a season long loan and if we go up try, and get him on another loan. But I would be surprised if any of that happened. 

1 hour ago, nogbad van 50 said:

£4m bid expected-what do we do? Big big call for Clowes and Warne

Well lots on here seem happy to sell knight because he only has a year left on his contract, I believe I am correct in saying that Cashin has one year left on his contract? - of course we are going to sell him if we want money and the only way we wouldn’t is if he refused to go or signed an extension. 
Of course everyone else wants our youngsters who have played a lot because they are proven and not a injury risk or a gamble.

Knight Bird Cashin and possibly Wildsmith will receive offers and if we want cash/ money it’s those who will generate it.

14 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Mentioned as in what? Not coming, enquired, interested ? 

He brought up his name the other commentator said are you trying to tell us something then he sheepishly just said he's someone Warne knows and would be a great signing if we had the funds from such thing as a Knight sale. Could be nothing, could've given it away time will tell.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

If (massive if) it's true then I think you're still correct. If (still massive if) it's true, it means Brighton (a team with excellent and part data driven talent ID) have identified that Cashin, after 1/2 seasons loans and the label of Brighton player rather than league 1 player will represent a substantial profit