Summer Rumour Mill

sage

47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans have him down as one of their worst ever signings. I do believe we were in for him last season too. 

Not sure if he's injured or just completely out of the picture at the moment either. 

There's a player in there somewhere!

8 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

There's a player in there somewhere!

A very good player at this level when fit. However, as with a number of our signings this summer, he has struggled a lot with injuries over the past 2 years. The type of player you'd want to pick up from the bargain bin in the hope they turn their luck with injuries around. Would add depth to a current weak spot in our team, with only Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen and Sibley as real options on the wings. Hopefully it's a sign of sticking with 4 at the back (whether 442, 4231 or 433), rather than signing him to fill in at CF.

Daily Telegraph this evening with this article on Cashin. HAS to be 3+ million with them loaning him for the reminder of the season. I reckon it will be confirmed on deadline day. However, we HAVE to go for Clarke Harris if that’s the case. Peterborough won’t want to wait until January when he won’t be worth nowhere near as much as he is now. Still need 2/3 and I’m hoping it will be Fosu, Clarke Harris and a right wing back

F1B49B99-21EE-4F60-983B-5EA2AB0AA536.jpeg

4 minutes ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Daily Telegraph this evening with this article on Cashin. HAS to be 3+ million with them loaning him for the reminder of the season. I reckon it will be confirmed on deadline day. However, we HAVE to go for Clarke Harris if that’s the case. Peterborough won’t want to wait until January when he won’t be worth nowhere near as much as he is now. Still need 2/3 and I’m hoping it will be Fosu, Clarke Harris and a right wing back

F1B49B99-21EE-4F60-983B-5EA2AB0AA536.jpeg

2 million is a reasonable fee for Clarke-Harris as there's potential to get a large chunk back if he keeps scoring and we go up this year or next, but he'd have to be realistic on wages and probably take a 2 yr deal.

If they wanted to pay 3 million they'd have done it by now..  We also won't get him back on loan as their model means he'll be sent straight out on loan elsewhere as soon as possible for a fee.  They could of course pay maybe 2 million and lend him back for a few hundred k, basically getting him for a lower fee by the back door.

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Can’t see us going for JCH. Personally think Cashin will go with no loan back and Collins will go Shrewsbury. 

Reckon we’ll get Humphrey’s and Smith plus 1 more.

Humphrey’s from Wigan? Have we been linked with him?