Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Like most of us I’m excited and relieved in equal measure with these additions. 
my only concerns are 

-  I hope we don’t put too much pressure on these boys too early

- can warne get a tune out of the team - will he play a back 4 at least at home?

on another note considering we have NML Waghorn Washington TJJ Collins Sibley and Barks would we let barks go and maybe Collins for a strong attacking replacement(s)? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dickson-Peters (CF) probbaly the one to look out for. He was lethal for Norwich U23s in 21/22, but has struggled on his two short term loans in L2.

Stutter (CF), at Chelsea gas starred the season very well with 5 goals in 3 games. Morgan (LW) was signed from Southampton this summer after scoring 4 and assisting 5 in 8 U21 games and is still only 17. Castledine (AM) has a fantastic record too, woth close to 1 goal contribution every 90 minutes last season.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Dickson-Peters (CF) probbaly the one to look out for. He was lethal for Norwich U23s in 21/22, but has struggled on his two short term loans in L2.

Stutter (CF), at Chelsea gas starred the season very well with 5 goals in 3 games. Morgan (LW) was signed from Southampton this summer after scoring 4 and assisting 5 in 8 U21 games and is still only 17. Castledine (AM) has a fantastic record too, woth close to 1 goal contribution every 90 minutes last season.

Flynn Clarke (number 8/10 type) looks like a decent prospect

13 minutes ago, sage said:

We got £750k to keep us afloat.

Part of the u23 stars we had to flog raising the value of Ikechi Anya 

Was Waynes decision rather than cash necessity for this one as opposed to the fees for Kellyman etc.  A poor decision all round. 

"It is one where I felt I couldn't deny him the opportunity, so that is my decision, not an administrator's decision.

"It was my decision after speaking to the player, I felt I couldn't deny a young lad an opportunity of going to play in the Premier League."

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was Waynes decision rather than cash necessity for this one as opposed to the fees for Kellyman etc.  A poor decision all round. 

"It is one where I felt I couldn't deny him the opportunity, so that is my decision, not an administrator's decision.

"It was my decision after speaking to the player, I felt I couldn't deny a young lad an opportunity of going to play in the Premier League."

Interesting but our position played a part.

Chicken feed for them but so far it's a bad buy.

Edited by sage

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You know Curtis is out with an ACL until Feb? He was offered a contract extension at Portsmouth, but on reduced terms to match the time he'll be unavailable. Expect him to sign a new deal for them around the time he's back from injury.

I did wonder why he was listed as a free, 40 odd goals in 140ish games..mid to late 20s.