Summer Rumour Mill

sage

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think without dramatising it and making issues that aren’t there the way that @Big Trav has written it is it’s fairly obvious he is referring to the recruitment bloke as useless. 

BT mentioned an individual (PW) and a collective (recruitment team), then indicated HE’S useless. Sounds to me like he’s referring to the individual, no?

16 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't know a lot about him, but sounds the like type of signing we need. Young central midfielder who has been on loan before at Reading.

Are we looking at signing players very recently relegated or is it that is what is available 

Just now, Big Trav said:

To clear up confusion, I’m referring to Mark Thomas. He wasn’t prepared for this summer and that’s why the recruitment is Warnes buddies/ players he knew. 

Am I right in thinking he was appointed in Feb but didn't start until July? 

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

To clear up confusion, I’m referring to Mark Thomas. He wasn’t prepared for this summer and that’s why the recruitment is Warnes buddies/ players he knew. 

If this is the case it's an awful scenario. We could regret this for seasons to come. 

11 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I believe in you BT, don’t have to explain yourself 😊

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Bird, Wilson and ward all injured. There is still friction between the manager and recruitment team. He’s useless apparently. I’ll be honest even with 4 in I’m a little worried about the quality of those players.especially with how tight the budget was. May all change with sales/ injuries of course

Bear in mind he was a Warne appointment. And Warne has signed at least one player that Mark Thomas didn’t want to. 

15 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Started in March, but people higher up are certainly not impressed with him so far. 

Our lot on here have made lots of decent free transfer suggestion in just a few hours of searching. Just how useless is this bloke, is he making suggestion that are turned down or can't he come up with any suggestions?

@tinmanBear in mind he was a Warne appointment. And Warne has signed at least one player that Mark Thomas didn’t want to. 

Who was that?

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Started in March, but people higher up are certainly not impressed with him so far. 

That would explain a few things. I can understand some people not being impressed because it sure doesn't look good so far. Hope everyone can step up from now and that includes backroom staff, management and players. 

I do feel for Warne if he had to push the recruiting and I can understand how we ended up here if that's the case. Just think the the alarm should have sounded way earlier. This was a very important window for us but we seemed to have made a mess out of it. Makes me really sad if that's the case.