Summer Rumour Mill

sage

53 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

As a general comment, it is unlawful not to employ someone (or dismiss someone) simply because of a spent caution or conviction.

There is quite an extensive list of occupations where that does not apply and there is a compelling requirement to disclose spent convictions.

1 hour ago, BPV said:

Not sure why this is being discussed as part of our summer rumours thread…

However, case being dropped does not equal innocence. 
I feel like this shouldn’t need to be explained. 

Case being dropped means insufficient evidence to secure prosecution and he is  therefore innocent, so all those with angry emojis have already convicted him of the offence. 

2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Case being dropped means insufficient evidence to secure prosecution and he is  therefore innocent, so all those with angry emojis have already convicted him of the offence. 

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty.

But you need to be a bit of a wally not to think Greenwood did actually commit the crime his missus accused him of.

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty.

But you need to be a bit of a wally not to think Greenwood did actually commit the crime his missus accused him of.

There's a video out there of him threatening her with r**e...it went viral, Soon after he split from here, She then accuses him of r**e, Low and behold they reconcile, The witness...his accuser then doesn't attend court proceedings, Case thrown out!

Money money money👍 

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

it goes to show that Warne wants exactly the same things as the fans in terms of type of player

What does this even mean? Especially given many fans are not totally on board with Warneball.

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is professional footballer one of them?

One of the categories for all employment is any occupation involving the supervision of persons under 18. At all clubs with academies there is a strict signed and binding agreement to protect the wellbeing of the academy scholars and particularly to prevent them becoming victims of physical and sexual abuse. While Greenwood may or may not have a supervisory role written into his contract, professional players carry out mentoring and safeguarding roles for the scholars when they train (as all of them regularly do), travel or play with the contracted professionals. So I think that there is sufficient there for Man Utd to consider whether or not they have grounds to dismiss him because he might present a risk within the club. If they choose to go down that route, Greenwood's representatives might choose to contest it and the outcome would then set a precedent for the football world. I certainly don't think it is as clear cut as you are trying to portray.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Paul Warne stated last season he wants to bring in peak age players between 23   to 28 in the prime 

All I can see is we are stocking up with ageing players again 30plus and he only justed realised midfield is the problem when it was obvious to me after the Salford, Stoke games we have no ability to control the game in there.

Makes me laugh most were coming on here after the Stoke game saying we were going to storm the league. I was the only one who pointed out how crap we were in midfield and it looked a big problem. How the F888 cant a professional football manager see how weak in the middle we are amazes me !!

4 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

That is hilarious - so basically the rumour that ex-Oxford winger Marvin Johnson is joining Derby has come from his attendance at our home match with Oxford... in the Oxford end! 

I will have to pay more attention to this Twitter chap. It seems like the quickest way of eliminating transfer rumours, leaving only another 2,000 or so possible signings to speculate over.

15 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

One of the categories for all employment is any occupation involving the supervision of persons under 18. At all clubs with academies there is a strict signed and binding agreement to protect the wellbeing of the academy scholars and particularly to prevent them becoming victims of physical and sexual abuse. While Greenwood may or may not have a supervisory role written into his contract, professional players carry out mentoring and safeguarding roles for the scholars when they train (as all of them regularly do), travel or play with the contracted professionals. So I think that there is sufficient there for Man Utd to consider whether or not they have grounds to dismiss him because he might present a risk within the club. If they choose to go down that route, Greenwood's representatives might choose to contest it and the outcome would then set a precedent for the football world. I certainly don't think it is as clear cut as you are trying to portray.

Agree with all of that, though the rehabilitation of offenders act doesn't apply in this case as there has been no conviction. 

I don't envy the club  as whatever outcome they decide it will be roundly criticised by the opposing faction regardless of whether the outcome is legal or not.