Summer Rumour Mill

sage

33 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Even Big Dave is looking worried, and he's not even our manager.

I'd imagine there's nothing in it seeing as this is only the third game and we're off a win. Just a local-ish bloke with a connection to the club coming to watch some football. Saying that, if he's available when the vacancy next arises, he'll probably be straight to the top of the betting.

Just now, Kernow said:

Even Big Dave is looking worried, and he's not even our manager.

I'd imagine there's nothing in it seeing as this is only the third game and we're off a win. Just a local-ish bloke with a connection to the club coming to watch some football. Saying that, if he's available when the vacancy next arises, he'll probably be straight to the top of the betting.

Yep, totally agree.

And you can guarantee he'd be at the top of the betting, probably with Chris Wilder.

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Does Cash normally stay out so long and walk right around the pitch after home games clapping fans? Many had obviously left but did anyone else notice/get sad vibes? I suppose he could have been avoiding going in dressing room?

Cash is usually one of the last remaining players out there after the match. I don’t think there is anything to worry about on that front 🧐 🐏

Darren Moore is certainly better than Warne. He might not be amazing tactically but he's fine. Thing is, he would probably be the smoothest transition if we were to change managers as the squad is suited to him rather than someone who plays a passing style. 

Just now, Jubbs said:

Darren Moore is certainly better than Warne. He might not be amazing tactically but he's fine. Thing is, he would probably be the smoothest transition if we were to change managers as the squad is suited to him rather than someone who plays a passing style. 

Darren Moore has already got 90+ points twice in this league with an ancient squad. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

@Big Trav I bet the mood today is lower than the last update you gave us 👀

DC was at moor farm this morning… take that how you will. IlL be honest the stuff I’m hearing right now isn’t good. It seems like the budget has been spent. No closer to signing any players. After last nights performance I must admit I’m very worried 

37 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Says it all when we could have got Lloyd jones on a free and we sign Curtis Nelson and sonny bradley looks a shadow of the player he was before he got injured last season 

Also regan Poole was available on a free who I mentioned in may. Went Pompey and was motm last night. 

There seems to be confusion over whether money received can be reintroduced in to the squad. If we can reinvest then it pains may to say but we may need to flog Bird and Cashin, especially if we bring a new man in. Can't expect them to pull up trees without the chance to sign a couple of players. 

In relation to appointing a new manager Clowes is in a pickle. He either has to go for a Moore, Wilder etc who play 3-5-2 and would pick up where Warne left off or go for an Evatt (ambitious i know) or Simpson and go for an easy on the eye appointment which contradicts our current squad. 

We've had a shocker, roll on next season.  

47 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

DC was at moor farm this morning… take that how you will. IlL be honest the stuff I’m hearing right now isn’t good. It seems like the budget has been spent. No closer to signing any players. After last nights performance I must admit I’m very worried 

Tbh Trav , I’d imagine that would be just a normal manager and board meeting. Maybe along the lines of you need to start getting the results together Paul or we’ll start seeing the attendances drop.

I don’t think Warne would be sacked but I could see him resigning say November or December if we’re say  near the relegation zone or nowhere near the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

There seems to be confusion over whether money received can be reintroduced in to the squad. If we can reinvest then it pains may to say but we may need to flog Bird and Cashin, especially if we bring a new man in. Can't expect them to pull up trees without the chance to sign a couple of players. 

In relation to appointing a new manager Clowes is in a pickle. He either has to go for a Moore, Wilder etc who play 3-5-2 and would pick up where Warne left off or go for an Evatt (ambitious i know) or Simpson and go for an easy on the eye appointment which contradicts our current squad. 

We've had a shocker, roll on next season.  

As far as I know it can’t be used on transfers but on infrastructure and balancing the books. So you have two options sell and not use or don’t sell hold on , go on a free but might risk a slap on the wrist from the efl for not generating the agreed income 

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

As far as I know it can’t be used on transfers but on infrastructure and balancing the books. So you have two options sell and not use or don’t sell hold on , go on a free but might risk a slap on the wrist from the efl for not generating the agreed income 

Thats my interpretation too. In that case we're snookered, whichever poor buggar takes over (assuming they do) they'll have ANOTHER rebuild to do next summer. 

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Also regan Poole was available on a free who I mentioned in may. Went Pompey and was motm last night. 

One I thought would be good.  Had some championship interest I understand so probably on decent wages.  The same amount we've probably spaffed on Bradley.  He should have been a good player to be fair but his legs and durability are clearly shot. Poole would have been a better option.

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Thats my interpretation too. In that case we're snookered, whichever poor buggar takes over (assuming they do) they'll have ANOTHER rebuild to do next summer. 

Looking at the squad 

three goalkeepers- Vickers wildsmith loach 

two RWBs ( x1 could play right back ) Ward Wilson 

2LWB  ( id say fozzy is more LB / CB these days) elder 

4 CBs - Bradley Rooney cashin Nelson 

5 Cms- sibley hourihane bird tommo smith 

x2 wingers Barkhuizen NML 

x1 CAM/fW - waghorn 

x2 strikers - Collins Washington 

that to me shouts 4-3-3 or 4-5-1