Summer Rumour Mill

sage

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

And will that be Warne’s fault if that happens? Or will it bring into focus the restrictions he’s obviously working under?

That depends - if you want to see everything bad in Warne or not. 

Some people have to see everything bad otherwise it damages their narrative. 

1 hour ago, vonwright said:

A quick glance at the transfer forum is really quite worrying. It's been weeks since we've been linked with any new names; most of the old names are either variations on what we already have (old slow strikers), or deals that aren't happening, or both.

Beginning to feel like any remaining signings are most likely to be loans, and our record there is patchy at best. 

Energetic powerful midfielder, and fast creative forward player remain priorities for me, along with first choice striker. I've assumed all summer this was known and would happen. Not at all sure now. 

I don't mind if any more signings are loans, tbh, as then they can go back if they don't work out. No idea what we're going to do with our permanents if they don't! 

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes...solely Paul Warnes fault.

I'm currently sat in Scarborough, it's red hot and I forgot sun cream.  That's his fault too.

Why would you be on a football forum if you're in Scarborough and it's red hot? Is it just in case somebody says something positive about PW?

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I said at the beginning of the window, we will be linked with Sharp all window, he will turn us down last minute and we will end up signing a young crap striker from Tottenham.

I guess if Kane's move to Munich falls apart last minute we are the natural second choice for him 😉

In all seriousness though Soonsup-Bell or Dane Scarlett from their u21s might be pretty useful signings for us.

Concerning that he's worried about losing 2-3 players, assuming that Bird and Cashin are two - I honestly couldn't pick a third who he would be worried about losing. I kind of hope it's Sibley, which makes the most sense, because it hopefully means that he sees him as an important player and someone who can become a key player in this system. My own person bias. 

In terms of players I'd be annoyed about losing, who haven't just signed: Cashin, Sibley, NML, Bird, Hourihane, Wildsmith & Rooney. Thompson, Barkhuizen, Smith & Collins are all ok but I'm not losing sleep if any of those four go in all honesty. 

34 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Why would you be on a football forum if you're in Scarborough and it's red hot? Is it just in case somebody says something positive about PW?

No mate, just in case we sack him. Beers all round then, including for the loud mouth Leeds fans on next table.

It's coming, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, soon, the corner flag will speak.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Concerning that he's worried about losing 2-3 players, assuming that Bird and Cashin are two - I honestly couldn't pick a third who he would be worried about losing. I kind of hope it's Sibley, which makes the most sense, because it hopefully means that he sees him as an important player and someone who can become a key player in this system. My own person bias. 

In terms of players I'd be annoyed about losing, who haven't just signed: Cashin, Sibley, NML, Bird, Hourihane, Wildsmith & Rooney. Thompson, Barkhuizen, Smith & Collins are all ok but I'm not losing sleep if any of those four go in all honesty. 

Mendez-laing would be my guess. 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

That depends - if you want to see everything bad in Warne or not. 

Some people have to see everything bad otherwise it damages their narrative. 

The narrative will be driven by his performance.

There will always be one or two who refuse to say anything constructive but they are few and far between, really. Repetitive and annoying perhaps, but still...

I know this might seem quite an alien concept but until Warne starts achieving the results befitting of a manager in his position, telling of of his experience / stature / billing (call it what you may) as a League One expert -  which means producing a football team which looks capable of competing with and bettering other teams expected to be challenging for those 6 spots at the top of the table - there aren't likely to be many nicey nicey comments about how wonderful a job he's doing.

Crazy, I know.

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

The narrative will be driven by his performance.

There will always be one or two who refuse to say anything constructive but they are few and far between, really. Repetitive and annoying perhaps, but still...

I know this might seem quite an alien concept but until Warne starts achieving the results befitting of a manager in his position, telling of of his experience / stature / billing (call it what you may) as a League One expert -  which means producing a football team which looks capable of competing with and bettering other teams expected to be challenging for those 6 spots at the top of the table - there aren't likely to be many nicey nicey comments about how wonderful a job he's doing.

Crazy, I know.

How Dare You Greta GIF

Bald beaver will have a fit if you carry on with that sense.