Summer Rumour Mill

sage

8 minutes ago, DCFCRhowy said:

Mirror reporting Michael smith top target a striker warne knows all too well and Wednesday have just signed 2 new strikers and smith doesn’t strike me as a xisco Type striker be interesting to see if smith is in the team tomorrow for Wednesday 

IMG_9041.png

I'm not sure how Blackpool could be considered favourite to sign Waghorn when he's been training with us for the last 2 weeks.

Never consider Smith as an option, but would be a very good one if true. Adds to our set piece threat, allows us to mix it up as Warne likes, and most importantly, would definitely improve our first 11. Sheff Weds have just signed another forward today, so it may have been that signing holding things up? I imagine this could be a loan with view to permanent in the summer.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not sure how Blackpool could be considered favourite to sign Waghorn when he's been training with us for the last 2 weeks.

Never consider Smith as an option, but would be a very good one if true. Adds to our set piece threat, allows us to mix it up as Warne likes, and most importantly, would definitely improve our first 11. Sheff Weds have just signed another forward today, so it may have been that signing holding things up? I imagine this could be a loan with view to permanent in the summer.

Was talking to my source yesterday there appears to be some truth in the Smith rumours. Another new name has been suggested and I’m unsure if the fans will like it but my source mentioned an old head battler type  in midfield on an year deal apparently has fallen out with the new manager and Warne has been in contact with him since about a week  ago. I won’t name him but is small , very mouthy and highly experienced and slightly receding hairline. Yes he has a beard 

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Was talking to my source yesterday there appears to be some truth in the Smith rumours. Another new name has been suggested and I’m unsure if the fans will like it but my source mentioned an old head battler type  in midfield on an year deal apparently has fallen out with the new manager and Warne has been in contact with him since about a week  ago. I won’t name him but is small , very mouthy and highly experienced and slightly receding hairline. Yes he has a beard 

Bannan ?

23 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Love the Smith link, would be ideal for us! As for Bannan… I highly doubt it, he is on about 20k a week at Wednesday and would completely obliterate our wage budget! 

He’s also about as far away from a Warne player as it gets. As much as Wednesday fans love Bannan, they still slate the fact he does nothing but get booked out of possession. Just saves his energy for when they have the ball. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Warne confirmed we are close to a midfielder as well as a striker, although seems to have gone under the radar a little.

George Thorne 

Only joking but he was at training yesterday but only watching.

15 minutes ago, sage said:

George Thorne 

Only joking but he was at training yesterday but only watching.

Wasn’t he on a podcast last year talking about doing his coaching badges? I remember him saying how much he loved derby but was very open about his hatred of certain managers and Mel 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

He’s also about as far away from a Warne player as it gets. As much as Wednesday fans love Bannan, they still slate the fact he does nothing but get booked out of possession. Just saves his energy for when they have the ball. 

My source didn’t say a definite I agree I like him but his wages would cripple us. I’d imagine slot of managers follow the situation of clubs like Wednesday new manager lots of new signings where might certain players fit and take a punt. 

personally I’d go for Moxon , Tunicliffe (free) or as a wild card Kyle Turner from Scottish championship plays for Partick thistle nine assists and 5 goals from CM /CAM