Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Managed to watch Matt Hemshaw's interview.

He does say that they should hopefully have one more this week and we probably need 2-3 more to add to what we've got.

I'd hope 2 strikers and a midfielder now.

Where did you manage to watch it?

Warne knows far better than any of us on what it takes to get promotion from this league, he has done it 3 times all in recent years so knows his stuff, its also why we got him here in the first place.

So far the business he/we have done imo has been brilliant so lets trust him to get the attacking players/strikers he wants & judge them on what they do in a rams shirt. Lets not write them off before they even kick a ball because of their age or previous scoring records, players like McGoldrick, Kazim-Richards and to some extent Martin all signed with some fans negativity for 1 reason or another and all went on to be decent signings.

So if its Rhodes, Sharp, Godden or someone else...if Warne picks them to join us, I back his decision & they will get my 100% support.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne knows far better than any of us on what it takes to get promotion from this league, he has done it 3 times all in recent years so knows his stuff, its also why we got him here in the first place.

So far the business he/we have done imo has been brilliant so lets trust him to get the attacking players/strikers he wants & judge them on what they do in a rams shirt. Lets not write them off before they even kick a ball because of their age or previous scoring records, players like McGoldrick, Kazim-Richards and to some extent Martin all signed with some fans negativity for 1 reason or another and all went on to be decent signings.

So if its Rhodes, Sharp, Godden or someone else...if Warne picks them to join us, I back his decision & they will get my 100% support.

Agree to some extent, but surely we should be looking a little long term? If Rhodes comes I’d argue that in another seasons time they’ll be knocking on the retirement home and IMO none would be good enough for the championship. 

Just seems so underwhelming when restrictions have been lifted, we’ve got this bloke from Oxford who has a record of unearthing gems but instead we’re signing football manager 15’s greatest championship strikers.

21 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

The thought of Rhodes, McCormack, Grabban and Eastwood all shacked up in caravan on a lay-by on the A38 for the 23/24 season is what dreams are made of.

of course it’s important to note that if Sharp signs too, he’ll be demanding his own caravan 👍