Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We don't need the money, does he want to go? If he's worth that now he'll be worth more next season and we have little quality defensive youth in the squad.

He's a very good player and hopefully will play a major role in our promotion challenge this season.

He meets all of Paul Warne's requirements (and more) for a first team player.

He has always worked very hard for us and shown the fans that he is a ram and a talented player who would be an asset to any Championship club.

If he wants to leave us and further his career elsewhere, that's his decision, but if we sell him to boost the coffers I will be very disappointed. I go along with your question - does he want to go. If not, keep him! He is a valuable asset.

Edited by Miggins

Cashin being sold wouldn’t be good for my mental health, every other player can go.. but not him. 

He’s an undersized, relatively slow centre back… yet, he’s absolutely magnificent in almost every department. A 21 year old centre back with his level of consistency is rarer than rocking horse s***. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Cashin being sold wouldn’t be good for my mental health, every other player can go.. but not him. 

He’s an undersized, relatively slow centre back… yet, he’s absolutely magnificent in almost every department. A 21 year old centre back with his level of consistency is rarer than rocking horse s***. 

Agreed I hope he's with us from league 1 all the way up to the Prem and one day captain.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

sorry they don't have the head scrathing emoji that this deserves 

What I meant was why do you think the majority of the remaining incomings will be loans when we havent spent anything on transfer fees? With the Bielik & Knight money we could end up paying to bring 2 or 3 in

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Well there is a £3 million bid in for him so I am told and just like knight he has one year left on his contact so it’s sign an extension or be sold 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well there is a £3 million bid in for him so I am told and just like knight he has one year left on his contact so it’s sign an extension or be sold 

I can't see they'll get much more at the minute with a year left.  Centre half is the least valuable position unless the talent level is visibly superb.  3-3.5 million and a 20% sell on. I think they'll take it.

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Be very sad to see him sold 🥲

Would be gutted - feel invested in Cash. Love him to bits - have always felt he just is a ram and seems to love it here. Would be incredibly disappointed if its him trying to get the move after just one full season when you look at how long Knight has given to our struggles probably to his detriment. Hoping he has said he doesnt want to go and we dont want to sell - when he was in the club videos the other day was so pleased

Isn’t it a bit like losing your child when they go off to university?

If we do ‘love to bits’ our young stars, surely we should be happy for them that they are able to improve themselves at a higher level of football?

They have all shown loyalty in the past but will probably decide they can’t afford another season in League One for their career’s sake.

Disappointing of course but there’s no advancement for them or the club without change.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Would take that with a decent sell on % and him back on a season loan

28 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If we do ‘love to bits’ our young stars, surely we should be happy for them that they are able to improve themselves at a higher level of football?

If that was usually the case when players seem to go perhaps a season too early then yes, of course, but too many seem to leave for oblivion in a big squad elsewhere. 
I'm afraid your profile picture means your posts are always in his voice when reading them, especially the "  " bit!!

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If that was usually the case when players seem to go perhaps a season too early then yes, of course, but too many seem to leave for oblivion in a big squad elsewhere. 
I'm afraid your profile picture means your posts are always in his voice when reading them, especially the "  " bit!!

It is difficult to take the Dickensian character seriously agreed 🤣