Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Keeper- was great last season, so no need to change.

Central defence - looks stronger 

Wingbacks/FB - looks stronger/more suited

Midfield/wing  - was relatively decent last year, possibly still need upgrades for increased pace/creativity/goals/aggression.

Strikers - obviously down on last year. We have Sibley free to be a number 10 though.

Fr me, Knight, Bird, Hourihane, Rooney and the loans we had were all a bit similar and made our midfield a bit pedestrian. 

So, with Forsyth we have decent cover in 2 positions and we can't have everything.  I'm hoping a goal scorer/leader of the line as an improvement on Collins and some creativity in midfield.  And anyone going out to be replaced with a starter not a squad player.

Never felt so confident going into a season PW is getting us promoted. 

Yes, looking good thus far and I am also optimistic…

Still rather concerned at this juncture about the lack of real midfield creativity …the defence-splitting passes etc…..

And NML was knackered for the last half of the season so goodness knows how long he will last after his exertions in Guatemala ..🤷‍♂️😎

We have to get a quality 20 goal striker though … from somewhere…🤞

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Mark Harris? Maybe Flint? Either would tally with Collins saying he’s spoken to a couple of players hoping they join. Bradley was one, who’s the other? 

Ah yeah, Harris. Forgot about him. I’d like to think that it was a choice between Harris or Washington, if we’re only adding one more striker then we probably need someone with a better, more current record of scoring goals.

I’d like one more CB for depth, but think it was a choice between Bradley or Flint too. A younger CB who understands he won’t play every game but can develop here and has good potential would be a good choice.

10 hours ago, Scott129 said:

A cover WB, a number 10, and another striker and I think we're probably just about there.

I'd also like to see a bit of youth come in now personally.

I think we're about covered WB wise with NML, Barks and Sibbo able to back up Ward and Elder if needed. Agree with the attacking options though... probably a couple of decent quality loans. 

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Are there any rumours left now that Bradley & Washington have signed? Seems like all we have left is suggestions. We await Big Trav’s next words with anticipation…

BT had heard something about us talking to a local non-league player. His guesswork was Dobra or Dallas. 

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I genuinely had a dream last night that we signed Brannigan from Oxford United.

I do still believe we will be trying to sign Billy Sharp, I have a feeling he is the striker Warne reffered to when he said 6 or 7 other clubs are trying to get too.

I think he said he'd spoke to a striker who's chasing 6 or 7 clubs.  Probably is him the rotund nobber.

image.thumb.png.5731ade410f70c277827235fa7849449.png

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I genuinely had a dream last night that we signed Brannigan from Oxford United.

I do still believe we will be trying to sign Billy Sharp, I have a feeling he is the striker Warne reffered to when he said 6 or 7 other clubs are trying to get too.

Already have three old strikers, including NML.

Surely the additions have to be young players?

37 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Lets be honest, even though some of us would be sniffy about it, Billy Sharp would score a bagful at this level with our team behind him. The aim is to get promoted

Billy Sharp would be a great signing but cannot see him wanting to play for Derby after what’s gone on in the past.  Hope I’m wrong

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Warne made a point about genuine goal scorers and that he may need to go over his 22-32 age bracket, I.e. hinting at an older experienced player

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree. But he did say that was looking at the 22 to 32 year old bracket, but that we may sign a striker outside of that bracket.

Obviously that could be someone 18 to 21..but I honestly think it was another hint at Sharp.

Just a hunch that I've had since it was announced he was leaving his club. 

I thoroughly dislike Sharp, but I would back him if he played for us.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I agree. But he did say that was looking at the 22 to 32 year old bracket, but that we may sign a striker outside of that bracket.

Obviously that could be someone 18 to 21..but I honestly think it was another hint at Sharp.

Just a hunch that I've had since it was announced he was leaving his club. 

I thoroughly dislike Sharp, but I would back him if he played for us.

I can't see anyway he'd be accepted here.  He's above Austin by a mile. He'd also make himself look quite the hypocritical t*** by signing here.  

I can see a couple more permanemt deals...a wingback & a forward with & a replacement for Knight.

Could then see 2 or 3 loans in, another CB, an attacking mid & a 4th striker.

WB - Harding

CM - Brannagan

FWD - Nombe

Vale could potentially be the 4th striker.

Nixon saying he has a story tomorrow on us, could be outgoings but he has said we're still very active.