Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Remember what PW has said about the way he recruits players. Not only do they need to be a decent player, they also need to be a decent person, which he and the rest of the team, can work with.

A couple of names linked with us have good records, but according to someone I know in scouting, are less than desirable as a person and the club will steer well clear of these type of players, irrespective of how talented they are.

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

Looks like all out targets are on the move.

I would hope they are, with any luck whoever Warne and Mark Thomas have identified as their actual targets for recruitment are on the move to a DE postcode….imminently.
As for those speculative names linked to us so far throughout the summer, good luck in their future endeavours.

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Remember what PW has said about the way he recruits players. Not only do they need to be a decent player, they also need to be a decent person, which he and the rest of the team, can work with.

A couple of names linked with us have good records, but according to someone I know in scouting, are less than desirable as a person and the club will steer well clear of these type of players, irrespective of how talented they are.

No comeback for Stan Colleymore then ?

5 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Fair. What about his behaviour and remarks at Wrexham in the FA Cup? All because a non-league team and their supporters got a bit excited about their progressive to the latter stages. 

Didn't see or hear those comments so I can't comment.

21 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

It seems Ruben Rodrigues has signed for...... Oxford.

Face?  ......

Bovvered  ?    How do we know he was even a consideration ?   Perhaps he didn't fit the attitude criteria in maybe we were not even looking in that direction.   Cue all the doom and gloom merchants a forum botherers 

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I would hope they are, with any luck whoever Warne and Mark Thomas have identified as their actual targets for recruitment are on the move to a DE postcode….imminently.
As for those speculative names linked to us so far throughout the summer, good luck in their future endeavours.

None of the many of the supposedly ITK but not reputed journalists who are linking us with targets got a whiff of Matt Hale's arrival at the academy until he was signed, sealed and delivered; although not a player he seems quite a coup for us. I think their sources are agents who are trying to put their clients in the shop window. I get the impression that Warne keeps his cards close to his chest and if any players in whom he is interested choose to leak that interest it could just see them becoming of no interest to him at all because they will have shown themselves unworthy of the character requirements he is looking for. It will be interesting, once the new players are safely gathered in, to see if any of the supposedly ITKs had forecast their arrival. I'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

None of the many of the supposedly ITK but not reputed journalists who are linking us with targets got a whiff of Matt Hale's arrival at the academy until he was signed, sealed and delivered; although not a player he seems quite a coup for us. I think their sources are agents who are trying to put their clients in the shop window. I get the impression that Warne keeps his cards close to his chest and if any players in whom he is interested choose to leak that interest it could just see them becoming of no interest to him at all because they will have shown themselves unworthy of the character requirements he is looking for. It will be interesting, once the new players are safely gathered in, to see if any of the supposedly ITKs had forecast their arrival. I'm not holding my breath.

From what Leigh Curtis said the other week some names linked have been way off the mark and others have been slightly more likely. As you say, it’ll be interesting to find out. I’m wondering if the ones that are more likely are the ones that there was a link to and not loads of noise, the Lee Bonis, Harvey Knibbs type ones. 
It seems to me the club is operating in a more professional manner than under Morris without the constant leaking of news until things are pretty much happening. The academy decisions, the players released at the end of the season, the loan signings in January all seemed to come out of the blue. 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

There seems to be a lot of players switching clubs to say the window isn’t open. 

Of the hundreds of professional footballers in the country available for transfers, either free or for fees, a small percentage have had their moves announced. It must be a very small number compared to how many deals will actually be done. 
But, the window officially opening tomorrow does not mean Derby couldn’t have announced any transfers they had pre-arranged before that date, the reasons we haven’t will forever remain a mystery to be speculated upon.