Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

3 hours ago, Flying Fokker said:

CCFC Season ticket holder/ Follow Rams from a distance having been born Derby.  

Waghorn…Save your money.  He’s not going to do anything to justify paying his wages.

Godden….Sky Blues need to keep him.  If he moves to you, don’t expect a hatful of goals, but a player who creates and takes players away from your main striker.  As I say, he should remain in Coventry as he’s a grafter.

Maybe you’ll take Rhodes or Sharp we back up and free up Godden? We can wish! Good luck for the season, used to be one of my favourite away days Cov.

Warne has said the players he wants are at clubs waiting on bringing replacements first, which could be Rhodes or Godden.

Ive seen Stoke have a few ayers available, Tyrese Campbell being one but I imagine he would get a Championship move. However, Warne has said he wants pace up top, so maybe Dwight Gayle could be an option? 1 year left on his deal but seems to be out of favour.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne has said the players he wants are at clubs waiting on bringing replacements first, which could be Rhodes or Godden.

Ive seen Stoke have a few ayers available, Tyrese Campbell being one but I imagine he would get a Championship move. However, Warne has said he wants pace up top, so maybe Dwight Gayle could be an option? 1 year left on his deal but seems to be out of favour.

Didn't even think of him but if we got him would be amazing 

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Campbell is available?

would take him on loan!

12 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Campbell is available?

would take him on loan!

Yeah apparently Jacob Brown & Campbell are available but Brown has Prem interest. Gayle just seems out of favour completely, didnt make their squad against us I dont think.

Stoke have recently signed Wesley & Mmaee as strikers.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He's had a disastrous time at Stoke (then who wouldnt) - didn't realise he is 34 in a couple of months 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Gayle would be an excellent signing and one to get very excited about. But, I imagine he'll still be on very high wages, and Stoke will still want him (been injured all pre-season).

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Where did he say about teams waiting for replacements pal?

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

Where did he say about teams waiting for replacements pal?

"The people who I am trying to sign my number nine off are at a club and not just chilling in Jamaica. But they can't be released until the club sign their number nine and it's just a constant battle."

Quote taken from this DET article;

Also said Jack Vale isn’t one the recruitment team have brought to him as a name to sign off on, he spoke to 2 agents the other day who are frustrated as the market is “sluggish” and it seems everyone is waiting for the merry go round to start. 

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

"The people who I am trying to sign my number nine off are at a club and not just chilling in Jamaica. But they can't be released until the club sign their number nine and it's just a constant battle."

Quote taken from this DET article;

Also said Jack Vale isn’t one the recruitment team have brought to him as a name to sign off on, he spoke to 2 agents the other day who are frustrated as the market is “sluggish” and it seems everyone is waiting for the merry go round to start. 

Cheers pal

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Who the heck is chilling in Jamaica days before the start of the season? For such an apparently clever bloke Warne doesn’t half come out with some guff.

Cause that’s the key point to pick up on 🙄

Regardless of his questionable patter he’s commenting on the fact the player he wants to sign won’t be available until their current club has sourced a replacement, not solely shopping for free agents. If you look past the way he says things you can determine what he’s saying and not let it annoy you. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Cause that’s the key point to pick up on 🙄

I do believe you love Warne more than I loved the quite frankly fabulous Will Hughes 😂

Here’s another view on the key point. Warne is trying to deflect away from a recruitment policy which is looking increasingly parochial and damaging.

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

I do believe you love Warne more than I loved the quite frankly fabulous Will Hughes 😂

Here’s another view on the key point. Warne is trying to deflect away from a recruitment policy which is looking increasingly parochial and damaging.

Make that work with the signings we have made, rather than the one's not yet made.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Make that work with the signings we have made, rather than the one's not yet made.

To be honest @RoyMac5 I haven’t seen the new players in the flesh yet, but I’m pleased on the whole.

The trouble is that although some structural imbalances have been resolved others remain glaringly obvious.

Is it a championship winning back three if Bradley gets an injury? What about midfield if Bird is sold? or Hourihane injured? Or most perplexingly of all what happens to our striking options if Collins gets injured?

9 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I’m quite comfortable in the fact I don’t love Warne. I’m accepting of the fact he’s the manager and I’ll be supportive of him until he gives me clear reason not to. If he doesn’t deliver an improved performance with the team this season I’ll happily apply my rationale-ish approach to calling that out. Having sh*t jokes and questionable chat isn’t enough for me to dislike the bloke, I like what he has to say about character and culture as I think that’s what helps a team succeed, the recruitment is good in my view….so that’s that in terms of my opinion, but you keep doing you. 

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

To be honest @RoyMac5 I haven’t seen the new players in the flesh yet, but I’m pleased on the whole.

The trouble is that although some structural imbalances have been resolved others remain glaringly obvious.

Is it a championship winning back three if Bradley gets an injury? What about midfield if Bird is sold? or Hourihane injured? Or most perplexingly of all what happens to our striking options if Collins gets injured?

Don't question Warne, it's just not worth it.

11 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wash scores a hat trick.

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ll be supportive of him until he gives me clear reason not to.

So no twitching?

Hypothetical example…

Pursue Rhodes on a 12k / week plus wage.

Or…

May 4k / week

Waghorn on 3k / week

Bonis on 1.5k / week

and some nominal fees and creative bonuses.

We were in pole position a month ago. Not now. Because others with less money have thought creatively.

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

So no twitching?

Hypothetical example…

Pursue Rhodes on a 12k / week plus wage.

Or…

May 4k / week

Waghorn on 3k / week

Bonis on 1.5k / week

and some nominal fees and creative bonuses.

We were in pole position a month ago. Not now. Because others with less money have thought creatively.

Alfie May would have been the pne for me but that ship has sailed now. Rather Waggy than Rhodes.