Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

5 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Josh Coburn likely to go out on loan again from Middlesbrough after a good spell at Bristol Rovers last year. Would be ideal to fill the void at striker & much more appealing than Rhodes. Good size, with pace & power

Good spot that, 10 goals in 30 something games for a 20 year old is impressive. Looking online he's been injured in preseason and that's prevented them deciding whether to loan him out or not. They may prefer a champ loan for him of course. 

These suggestions do offer optimism that loans can work out very well at this level, even though often  you are having to take a punt on a raw talent with so little experience.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah good shout. Only thing with Sessegnon is that he's a right back.

Granted he played left wing back for Charlton but his stronger foot is his right. I think Warne would prefer a left footer there.

Godden would be my number one choice. I just think he'd command a fee and from Warne's comments the other day that doesn't look like something we'd do.

Josh Onomah would be a great signing 

Johnson from Preston is a free agent I think he’d be a good CAM ?

11 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Josh Coburn likely to go out on loan again from Middlesbrough after a good spell at Bristol Rovers last year. Would be ideal to fill the void at striker & much more appealing than Rhodes. Good size, with pace & power

Are we at the stage when Middlesbrough and Derby will do business together I wonder.

1 minute ago, Andrew3000 said:

Good spot that, 10 goals in 30 something games for a 20 year old is impressive. Looking online he's been injured in preseason and that's prevented them deciding whether to loan him out or not. They may prefer a champ loan for him of course. 

These suggestions do offer optimism that loans can work out very well at this level, even though often  you are having to take a punt on a raw talent with so little experience.

Not sure Boro would want him playing for a competitor in the same division ? 

22 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Good choice this. Would make sense too.

Just had a quick look and he was injured early in pre season but back training this week.

So could potentially be one we're looking at and why he's not signed yet...

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good choice this. Would make sense too.

Just had a quick look and he was injured early in pre season but back training this week.

So could potentially be one we're looking at and why he's not signed yet...

Question, how on earth did Washington pass a medical if he’s injured ? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not sure Boro would want him playing for a competitor in the same division ? 

Why not? Not unheard of. Lend him to a team you're not expecting to be in promotion mix. Don't let him play against you. He scores against other rivals and develops,could be a win-win.

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

Depends on the injury usually. Is it long term, likely to reoccur, chronic etc.

This injury likely means he will be absolute fine, just needs to finish his rehab to get fully fit again.

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

He had a routine op to clear his knee. So not injured as such. But yeah, could still be complications I suppose. With the recent admissions about the striker market, seems a better signing with each passing day.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are we at the stage when Middlesbrough and Derby will do business together I wonder.

I don’t see why not, the hatred was between Gibson and Morris, I think Gibson’s gripe was with Mel and not the club itself, hence why he was perfectly happy to have the matter settled by Morris himself rather than the club.

I don’t really care about Middlesbrough. I don’t like Gibson so I don’t want them to do well as it’ll directly correlate to Steve Gibson being happy which just can’t happen.

If we can loan someone from Middlesbrough that’ll improve us then I’m fine with that, and Coburn would be a good option. He was on the bench against us away at Rovers and when they were warming up in front of the away fans, he was massive. He’d be a real problem for teams if we’re putting the kind of crosses in we’ve seen in pre-season.

For any sides looking to League One clubs to take on loanees, then as long as they’d get enough football, there won’t be many better options than us.

1 hour ago, Ramdale said:

Ideal suggestion!

We're one of the better options in this league to send players out to and I get the feeling the Steve Gibson - Derby hatred was more a Steve Gibson - Mel Morris hatred so now he's gone it's probably realistic!

20 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Why not? Not unheard of. Lend him to a team you're not expecting to be in promotion mix. Don't let him play against you. He scores against other rivals and develops,could be a win-win.

And put a recall option in January, so if they do end up competing with you, you can take them back mid season 

33 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I'm not sure why they would loan him out again, in all honesty. He's shown enough to be given an opportunity and would be useful for them. 

If we wasn't hamstrung by finances, Coburn is the type of player that is worth an investment and one you would anticipate would have good resale value providing his development all goes to plan. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not sure why they would loan him out again, in all honesty. He's shown enough to be given an opportunity and would be useful for them. 

If we wasn't hamstrung by finances, Coburn is the type of player that is worth an investment and one you would anticipate would have good resale value providing his development all goes to plan. 

As long as he has good resale value 😊

5 minutes ago, Ramalong said:

What about Connor Wickham

Looks like you joined to post this? In with a bang!

Are you his Dad??

Shocking injury record.

Don't know the stats but apart from a couple of run of games he's been bit part and/or injured everywhere he's been.

See him as similar to Waghorn but with no loyalty /affection for the club.  

No citation- in before its locked!

PS welcome 😀

PPS Christ, the mods are quick today 

Edited by Chester40